DIRECTV to Add 5 HD Channels Today

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Awesome that Nat Geo Wild is now in HD, I love he channel. Big animals fan, all animals. Wild ones are beautiful. And glad we have some other new HD channels, I don't watch them, but members of my family do, so thats a big plus.

I had BBCA HD when I had Time Warner. It always looked washed out and just... meh. The SD DTV version didn't look look much different than TWC BBCA HD. I am shocked as to what I am seeing now on ch. 264. So vivid and beautiful. Stunning... maybe I'll check this Copper show out on Sunday.

I had BBCA HD when I had Time Warner. It always looked washed out and just... meh. The SD DTV version didn't look look much different than TWC BBCA HD. I am shocked as to what I am seeing now on ch. 264. So vivid and beautiful. Stunning... maybe I'll check this Copper show out on Sunday.

Makes me wonder if the people that say "HDTV is overrated" or "HDTV is just a gimmick" have ever really seen a true HD feed.

Local restraunt has a nice 42" 1080P LCD and it feeding it with a SD only DirecTV receiver, morons.

If I were a HDTV manufacture I would be very restrictive on them as to require my authorized dealers to only use demo BluRay's given to them by me (the manufacture) for display demo's by having in the authorized dealer contract that our TV's on display may not show any source other than our demo BluRay's.

Reasoning? One dealer may have DirecTV, another might have DishNet, and another might have cable that is passing a upconverted SD feed as HD.

I'm starting to sound like a particular company that starts with a "A" aren't I? lol. Even they have gotten too relaxed.

There is a restaurant near where I used to live that ADVERTISED showing NFL Sunday Ticket in HD. All were stretched out SD from SD boxes. A now-local restaurant doesn't understand that the HD Reds games are on 660-1. I have tried to explain the difference and only once got the waitress to bring the remote out so I could walk her through hitting the "-" button... selecting the game with "HD" next to it in the guide is just far too complicated for some people.

How long does it typically take for sd duplicates to be hidden in the guide after hd is added?

Also will timers update to hd channels automatically?

How long does it typically take for sd duplicates to be hidden in the guide after hd is added?

My SD duplicates disapeared when the HD came online.

No they will not, I noticed something I have auto tuned is still set to auto tune to the SD feed, I had to change it to the HD feed.

I am using a H24-700

SatinKzo said:

Nat Geo Wild is still showing the SD version for me. BBCA and DisJR are not. This is on a HR24. I think it's because we have a timer for Nat Geo Wild.

RandallA said:
Nat Geo Wild is still showing the SD version for me. BBCA and DisJR are not. This is on a HR24. I think it's because we have a timer for Nat Geo Wild.

Restart your receiver and it should pull it in your guide.

RandallA said:

Remember to change your timer so it will start Recording the HD version, right now it will continue to record the SD the way its set up now

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

I just went into the menus under display and switch to show all then back to hide SD dupes

no

Also remember if you have the SD channel as a favorite it will stay in the guide

Have they added the 5th channel this morning?? only saw 4 last night when I added them to my HD only fav list.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts