DirecTV to Add Sports Surcharge in LA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't blame DirecTV for this. If you're going to have teams in every major sports market starting their own RSNs and demanding $3 to $4 per subscriber, what else are they supposed to do?

I think it will eventually roll out to markets with 2 RSN's (since one or two articles I read Tuesday mentioned that if successful in the test markets, it would roll out to markets with 2 or more RSNs and likely to all subscribers, not just new subscribers, in each of those applicable markets).

I guess then I'm lucky as I technically have only 1 RSN and thats FSN North
We also get FSN Wisco but its part time and only thing not blacked out is Badger games (D* uses it alot for FSN North + programming that is not pro sports....they show college basketball games from around the country on it)

We were one of the 1st areas to have a "team owned" RSN that failed.....ironically it was called Victory Sports One.

I don't blame DirecTV for this. If you're going to have teams in every major sports market starting their own RSNs and demanding $3 to $4 per subscriber, what else are they supposed to do?

Offer Choice and Choice Xtra tiers without RSNs so you can drop the RSNs (and thus the fee) without losing a ****load of non-sports channels in doing a tier change to Entertainment.

OK, is D* or who ever it is, gonna give you a choice of what RSN you want if you have more than one ?

I have FSN Detroit, STO and FSN Ohio as RSN's I get.
I only use FSN D for the most part, would they want to charge me 3-4 dollars p/m per RSN ?

OK, is D* or who ever it is, gonna give you a choice of what RSN you want if you have more than one ?

I have FSN Detroit, STO and FSN Ohio as RSN's I get.
I only use FSN D for the most part, would they want to charge me 3-4 dollars p/m per RSN ?

do you get all 3 without the sports pack?
Also with Fox Sports buying STO there may not be that channel anymore

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts