Directv to carry DOGTV ( Ch 354 )

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I take my dog outside not stare at the tv for hours but whatever floats your dogs boat

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

I like to keep my dog inside away from the fleas, ticks, and disease carrying wild animals. Only goes out to "go", wish I could toilet train, then would not go out at all, would need to get a treadmill though.

My one year old German Shepard is ready for his channel.

Just a reminder for all DirecTV will have a two week free preview of this channel before they start to charge.

One last thing if you do want the channel after the two week preview I would sign up at dogtv.com/directv because you will get one month free plus $40 in coupons for your dog.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

My one year old German Shepard is ready for his channel.

Just a reminder for all DirecTV will have a two week free preview of this channel before they start to charge.

One last thing if you do want the channel after the two week preview I would sign up at dogtv.com/directv because you will get one month free plus $40 in coupons for your dog.

Looking at the fine print, the regular price for that channel is $4.99 per month. I don't have a dog (or any pets at all) but even I did, I can't justify spending $60 per year for a channel I know I'm not gonna watch and that my hypothetical dog may or may not watch.

In case anyone viewing this thread does not have DirecTV to be able to view the slide here it is:

5ui728.jpg

2mrv6ok.jpg

The best part is that on the slide on ch 354 the remote that the dogs paw is on it dish not direct.

I wonder how much dish will get from this lawsuit. ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1374129132.802961.jpgImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1374129147.174004.jpg

sbq7p0.jpg

Cropped it from my origional capture for you all.

I never noticed it because I've never used DishNet and never want to, lol.

NEVER... let's take bets on how fast this channel goes bankruptcy!

after hearing the initial reports from the test signal that dogs went to sleep in front of the tv or walked out of the room and weren't captivated or interested in the channel, I formed the opinion that I would be surprised if the channel lasts more than 6 months to a year.

I then remembered a lot of pet owners waste money on all sorts of junk for their pets, so I have to think there are enough dog owners out there to pay the monthly fee that the service will last awhile as long as Dog TV updates their programming library so the dog owners think there is "value" for having programming for their dogs.

when i said that, it was because i just think asking people to paid for this channel is such a bad idea, for dogs lovers its will last a year the curiosity of the channel but for the rest of we don't have the money for a dog channel, they need to put it in a package not add-on to make this channel work

they need to put it in a package not add-on to make this channel work

Dog TV's hands are probably tied - they likely pay to be on DIRECTV so they have to charge a fee to try to recoup what they pay to be on DIRECTV and cover other expenses.

Seeing how pet owners spend like nuts on their pets, you'd think Dog TV could make a lot of money from advertising of pet related products and services in order to cover their expenses.

Dog TV's hands are probably tied - they likely pay to be on DIRECTV so they have to charge a fee to try to recoup what they pay to be on DIRECTV and cover other expenses. Seeing how pet owners spend like nuts on their pets, you'd think Dog TV could make a lot of money from advertising of pet related products and services in order to cover their expenses.
believed i know, we got a dog and we do go overboard on her, but still! wasn't Baby Tv started as a paid channel and now is in a package, this have the same feeling

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)