Directv to carry DOGTV ( Ch 354 )

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ok, I haven't noticed anyone comment about this in this thread: Say you get this channel and leave your TV on ch 354 and you leave for the day to go to work. After 4 hours of no activity on your cable box, the box shuts off and bye, bye to Dog Tv until you get home. Wonder if D* thought of this.

If I leave it on for my dog I'm going to have to put the TV on stretch-o-vision mode because I don't want a 4:3 burn square in the middle of my 16:9 TV.

Any "new" channel should be in 16:9 no matter if it's HD or SD.

Definitely looks smushed. Another SD channel that is 16x9 but not flagged as such. What a shame. Dogs deserve proper aspect ratio, too!

I'm still a little bitter over directv dropping G4 a while back...

"Since G4 is among the lowest rated networks based on the latest Nielsen data, we decided that it made sense to focus on preserving programming that is more relevant to our larger customer base."

Oh, but we can carry a channel just for DOGS??? Dogs? :rant:

I'm not sure which is more upsetting. That directv is going to carry this channel, or that this channel even exists in the first place.

(P.S. I think I'm a little biased against dogs right now because new neighbors moved in with dogs and they won't shut the hell up.)

I'm still a little bitter over directv dropping G4 a while back...

"Since G4 is among the lowest rated networks based on the latest Nielsen data, we decided that it made sense to focus on preserving programming that is more relevant to our larger customer base."

Oh, but we can carry a channel just for DOGS??? Dogs? :rant:

I'm not sure which is more upsetting. That directv is going to carry this channel, or that this channel even exists in the first place.

(P.S. I think I'm a little biased against dogs right now because new neighbors moved in with dogs and they won't shut the hell up.)

Get a projector and project DogTV on the wall of the neighbors house for their dogs.
(
P.S. Anyone notice DogTV's channel number 354 is the old channel number of TechTV/G4? "3-5-4 Computers and More..." --Leo and Kate

My dog didn't like the scene where the dog was going to the vet to get a shot. Kind of freaked him out and he wouldn't watch anymore.

hmmm might like this channel. Turned it on and ended up falling asleep....helped my insomnia

I thought that only worked when I turned on 224 and watched Shepherd's Chapel ;)

Just for fun, I decided to put it on and see if the dogs would watch it. The scene with the dog walking down the road REALLY made one of them mad. She heard the jingle of the dogs tags and went to the window and started barking at what she thought was a dog outside. Now there is a scene with wave on an ocean and a dog on the beach. You can hear him panting and she's nervously trying to figure out where the sound is coming from. The other dog is staring at the TV at this monstrous, out-of-aspect-ratio dog and I hope he doesn't try to jump on the TV to play!

Get a projector and project DogTV on the wall of the neighbors house for their dogs.

Sorry ,can't get the picture of 30' dog running around the back wall my neighbors house.
Might be fun to shoot it across the street on a Fri/Sat night and count how many drunks run off the road into a light pole when they come over the hill and see 20 foot German Shepard running at them and drooling. Have to hide speakers in the bushes for the full effect.

hmmm might like this channel. Turned it on and ended up falling asleep....helped my insomnia

I thought that only worked when I turned on 224 and watched Shepherd's Chapel ;)

Man, I fell asleep too. :) My daughter just wanted to watch it and I fell asleep watching that channel. I wonder when the dogs will start complaining that it's not in HD. :D

Was watching with my pit bull and she got bored and ran to her bed when she saw a toy that she thought was more exciting than a crying baby.

My dog is paying way more attention to Martha Speaks on PBS than she ever did to DogTV...

Might actually learn something too, lol.

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1377654508.556585.jpg
Here is my dog watching it the other night

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)