DirecTV to have 100 HD Channels by Christmas

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Google is your friend! It should be interesting to see how this all pans out, since, it does look that there may (unbelievable as it is) some backing to Ruperts statement.

so, they got premission to do KA at 101, are at9 can do ka at 101 RIGHT? also do we really think that directv has something cooking? I remember a while back someone said DIrectv had its own verison of voom cooking and it was going to be better, could it be that?

DTV Voom = DOOM! :D Sorry, couldn't resist!

stuart628 said:
so, they got premission to do KA at 101, are at9 can do ka at 101 RIGHT? also do we really think that directv has something cooking? I remember a while back someone said DIrectv had its own verison of voom cooking and it was going to be better, could it be that?

DrummerSmith1 said:
Does anyone know what 2 RSN's are broadcasting 24/7? In addition, who is launching DirecTV 9S. I am wondering if we are in for a 2 or three month delay.
New England Sports Network and Comcra.. er, Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic. As for D* 9S, I don't remember who's launching it.

Update: I just found out the D* 9S info... it's the Frogs! We're doomed, I tell you, DOOMED!

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=77317

Last edited:
stuart628 said:

From looking at the pictures of the AT9, the main LNB which supports 99, 101, and 103 slots, support both KU and KA Band. The other 2 LNB's, 110 and the 119, supports KU only. That means, and if I reading this correctly, if DirecTV were to launch more HD service via KA Band on DirecTV 9S at the 101 slot, it would mean if you want the additional National HD service, then you would have to upgrade to the AT9 Dish. Still, it would be a tough call for me since I need a multiswitch with more than 8 outputs. I hope they can release 6x12 or the 6x16 switches soon.

Either way that 100 HD Local Channels is all.. Not other networks so if you want more HD Dish is the way to go... All Direct is doing is adding more local HD which everyone is doing.

Last edited:
This is another deceptive practice by the T*B* (make it a sticky and string along DirecTv subs until december 2006 :D )

I emailed D* to upgrade my dish to the new AT-9. Either way I am going to need it. If it is new national HD or my locals, I will have to get the new dish. Whether this is deceptive or not is up to the lawyers. It is no more deceptive than Dish's "Football 7 days a week promo." I wonder how many people signed up for Dish thinking they were getting all the games on Sunday Ticket. I know the ad din't say it, but it seemed like Dish was getting something no one else was.

Poke said:
Either way that 100 HD Local Channels is all.. Not other networks so if you want more HD Dish is the way to go... All Direct is doing is adding more local HD which everyone is doing.

who else is adding LIL the way Directv is doing, DIsh is NOT at all, they are adding a little here and there yes, but thats it, they will hit it hard next year (I think, as I believe they have a sat going up soon dont they?) Local cable companies yes, but they arent adding nationals soon the way Directv is.

Sean Mota said:
This is another deceptive practice by the T*B* (make it a sticky and string along DirecTv subs until december 2006 :D )

Not stringing along anybody I'd think. I certainly don't expect it to happen and if it does...bonus. Anyone that actually and truely counts on this just needs to put down the crack pipe.

Does anybody know which HD markets they are going to add next - what all of the 68 markets are going to be? I seen another thread about the next 24 HD markets that they were going to launch but didnt know if it was related to this or not and figured I would never find the cities with all of those posts in that thread as many posts as there are.

Stargazer said:
Does anybody know which HD markets they are going to add next - what all of the 68 markets are going to be? I seen another thread about the next 24 HD markets that they were going to launch but didnt know if it was related to this or not and figured I would never find the cities with all of those posts in that thread as many posts as there are.

From DirecTV's web site: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/packProg/channelChart2.jsp?assetId=1100086

DirecTV has only ever publicly named the first 50 markets. Some executive somewhere mentioned 68 markets by year's end.

Greg Bimson said:
DirecTV has only ever publicly named the first 50 markets. Some executive somewhere mentioned 68 markets by year's end.
And have launched 43??? The executive was Eric shanks in his interview with TVPRedictions.com (Swann).

I also will be curious as to the other 18 markets given how D* added 4-5 markets way out of the top 50.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)