DirecTV to Launch Significantly Viewed DMA service

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i guess we'll see come tommorow. I think that it'll be on time. I think there is supposed to be some DMA switching with this too according to the link that scott put at the beginning of the thread.

How do you check what locals you should get in your area? Do I just call DirectTV and ask? Thanks.

Is Wednesday's big SV day only for Directv? Does anyone know anything about Echo's plans to implement SV's?

San Diego

If I live in San Diego, will there will be a chance to receive Los Angeles locals?

my question is since it's almost midnight will the website update at midnight or tomorrow morning. I'd like to see if i can legally get pittsburgh locals here tomorrow.I live in two dma's. I can get pittsburgh and wheeling/steubenville locals on cable but not satellite. Plus comcast just added kdka in hd last week and that's not our local cbs affiliate, so maybe that is a good sign?

mikedz4 said:
my question is since it's almost midnight will the website update at midnight or tomorrow morning. I'd like to see if i can legally get pittsburgh locals here tomorrow.I live in two dma's. I can get pittsburgh and wheeling/steubenville locals on cable but not satellite. Plus comcast just added kdka in hd last week and that's not our local cbs affiliate, so maybe that is a good sign?

Comcast adding KDKA last week had nothing to do with DirecTV's abilities to give you "Significantly Viewed", however there is good news in that DirecTV can now (possibly) offer you FOX and ABC from Pittsburgh (depending on whether or not this document lists Pittsburgh's FOX and ABC as "Significantly Viewed" in your county.

However, just because DirecTV can offer you these stations, doesn't mean they will, and especially doesn't mean that you will wake up and tomorrow they will be on... especially since DirecTV's rollout of "Significantly Viewed" channels will probably/most likely take days/weeks/months...

~Alan

i want upn and wb since comcast won't offer us the pittsburgh wb and upn stations. It would be nice to get them all from pittsburgh especially since I can "move" 5 miles east and get all the pittsburgh locals from directv.

joedekock said:
I don't see anything in my guide. Maybe I don't qualify for any. I don't know how this is supposed to exactly work. :confused:

No they haven't launched yet...I was suppose to get all DC locals, but nothing here. Still waiting.......

Steve

SV Locals not in AA County, MD yet

Very frustrating . . . I moved (actually, not "moved") from Montgomery County, MD (DC DMA) to Anne Arundel County, MD (Balto. DMA) in May. When I moved, I told DTV not to change my address b/c I wanted to keep my DC locals. Oddly enough they complied, and I had DC locals until 2 weeks ago, when my Dish got blown off line and (after trying to re-align it myself) I had to have a service call. Well, after the service call going to my old address (despite me telling the dispatcher where I lived, another long story), they finally fixed the dish, but also "fixed" my address in their computer. The next day I was on Balto. locals -- sucks. Thankfully I have an antenna for the HDTV in the basement, so I still get DC locals (in HD) on one TV.

Suffice it to say, I am looking forward to the rollout of SV service. I called DTV yesterday and the CR (who didn't know much, but with a little prodding was willing to look through her notes on SV service) told me that they plan to roll out SV service to a number of markets, including DC, soon. She rattled off the markets, and it sounded like the top 12 markets.

She didn't say what the timeline was, nor did she say if the fact that DC was listed meant that DC locals would be sent to neighboring markets, or that DC would receive neighboring markets -- it was another case of this forum being more informed and helpful than DTV itself!

Checked my TV this morning -- Still no DC locals. I'll keep checking and will post when and if the DC locals return!

I live in North Port, Florida and currently receive the Tampa local channel on DirecTV. Does anyone know if I will be able to now receive some Sarasota and / or Ft. Myers channels?

here is the daily fcc updates list for Significantly Viewed DMA service

The FCC 05-187 electronic document is 444 pages and 3.32MB. The links were tested and currently open okay.

You can try downloading and saving the document to your computer, before attempting to open. If this does not work, you may want to check the memory or software on your computer. The computer needs enough available space to download 3.32MB, for this document. The .txt file is at http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-05-187A2.txt . The daily business links are http://www.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2005/db1104/FCC-05-187A2.pdf , http://www.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2005/db1104/FCC-05-187A2.doc and http://www.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2005/db1104/FCC-05-187A2.txt .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts