DirecTV to Launch Significantly Viewed DMA service

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just looked at the FCC's list. Am I to understand that the FCC is basing significantly viewed status on a list from 1972? That is insane! Half of the networks available today weren't even thought of in 1972, not to mention the explosion of independent TV stations since then.

Newshawk said:
I just looked at the FCC's list. Am I to understand that the FCC is basing significantly viewed status on a list from 1972? That is insane! Half of the networks available today weren't even thought of in 1972, not to mention the explosion of independent TV stations since then.

Read it again. It doesn't say that at all.

Chip

LonghornXP said:
I'm trying to find out why it hasn't launched yet. I still haven't heard back yet but I'll post when I do.

what is hoing on that directvs uplink facility in colorado is asleep at the wheel,

as i stated in another post, i in the dayton dma have been for over a year getting the cicy upn station because the dayton upn station is exclusively on cable now...

meaning sv has been able to be done by directv for over a year, and of corse directv was too lazy to program zip codes in and have it pre-ready, with of course possible changes,

do direct again is crapping on the customer... cause since i am able to get cincy up from out of market for 1 year plus, i know AT LEAST the people in the dayton dma should have sv now

I just looked at the FCC list and I hope SV happens soon because according to that list besides the Raleigh-Durham, NC locals I get now the county I live in (Mecklenburg, VA) is supposed to get three channels from the Roanoke-Lynchburg, Va DMA and 2 from the Richmond, VA DMA

they must be in processing updating the page. they just only have a drop down menu without the cities dma listing.[/QUOTE]

Nope still not showing any results for Anne Arundel County MD (where we get all the DC stations)

well longhorn ?

moqz1001 said:
what is hoing on that directvs uplink facility in colorado is asleep at the wheel,

as i stated in another post, i in the dayton dma have been for over a year getting the cicy upn station because the dayton upn station is exclusively on cable now...

meaning sv has been able to be done by directv for over a year, and of corse directv was too lazy to program zip codes in and have it pre-ready, with of course possible changes,

do direct again is crapping on the customer... cause since i am able to get cincy up from out of market for 1 year plus, i know AT LEAST the people in the dayton dma should have sv now

well longhorn ? an answer ?

raoul5788 said:
Read it again. It doesn't say that at all.

Oh, it doesn't?

FCC Significantly Viewed List said:
Stations with a plus sign (+) under individual counties are those stations added to the list after the publication of the Commision’s original 1972 list. See Reconsideration of the Cable Television Report and Order, 36 FCC 2d 326 (1972).

Sure they've added to the list since 1972, but in the case of Tulsa, the market I'm in, they've left out KWBT 19(WB), KTFO 41(UPN), KTPX 44(i) and KGEB 57(Ind.). With that many stations completely off one list, I shudder to think how many other stations are off the list in other communities.

Sorta makes you understan D*'s hesitancy to implement SV channels until the FCC gets its act together... which may mean until hell freezes over.

moqz1001 said:

it aint having block exclusive, blah blah, if that was case theyd raised hell about people getting them ota, it is directv fumbling

Newshawk said:
Oh, it doesn't?

Sure they've added to the list since 1972, but in the case of Tulsa, the market I'm in, they've left out KWBT 19(WB), KTFO 41(UPN), KTPX 44(i) and KGEB 57(Ind.). With that many stations completely off one list, I shudder to think how many other stations are off the list in other communities.

Sorta makes you understan D*'s hesitancy to implement SV channels until the FCC gets its act together... which may mean until hell freezes over.

sure .. uhhuh, thats why i have an out of dma upn, and if directv waiting for the fcc to get act together, why directv float a launch date they never intended to meet, i mean a company that is late on over 90% of their promises, i mean geeze

I am annoyed as everyone else, but let's keep in mind that this was not a "promise" by DTV -- it was information from an internal DTV memo that was posted on this website. Correct me if I am wrong, but DTV never promised SV would launch on 11/9 to its customers, did it?

uhhuh, if had to get it launched, and are running behind schedule, then why has the dayton dma been able to get an out of dma upn staion ? the reason is cause they have had the ability, and programming capabality for a year + but no action to implement it for more areas

Once again, misinformation abounds, mainly from moqz1001:
Why would it be the uplink facility? I would think it is the authorization database that needs to be fixed, for significantly-viewed.

WHOA. Austin and San Antonio have shared a UPN station for FIVE YEARS. One station available in two markets doesn't mean anything about signficantly-viewed. The station must have signed a contract with their program providers to clear copyrights for both markets, and then the station would have signed a contract with DirecTV to carry the station in both markets.
And Dayton is so special? I am in the Baltimore-Washington corridor. It is all about me, and we definitely should be first. :)
jhamps10 said:
i don't think so. I think the 11/9 was just a ballpark guess.
It was an internal memo. Then again, there was expectation that the FCC would have actually issued these signficantly-viewed rules prior to the end of last week.

Remember that signficantly-viewed stations are those that get 3 percent of the viewing audience using an antenna. Since that 1972 list, most people get their OTA stations from another source. It is getting harder and harder to find people to fill out the survey to add stations to the list.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts