DirecTV to Light 8 Add'l HD Markets in April

Status
Please reply by conversation.
well - guess what? they are ON. More to follow in 1-2 weeks as posted.

They sure are, I will be sure to send you a gold star or medal, whichever you prefer. I think that when you are told something 4 or 5 times and it doesn't happen, it is only natural to be skeptical. I am very happy that you were correct and they came on this morning. You seem to be very on top of things and/or have a really good insider.

They sure are, I will be sure to send you a gold star or medal, whichever you prefer. I think that when you are told something 4 or 5 times and it doesn't happen, it is only natural to be skeptical. I am very happy that you were correct and they came on this morning. You seem to be very on top of things and/or have a really good insider.

I don't post 'forecasts' very often. This is really only the third time I got info that I have posted. But truth is they have all been very accurate, and yes I have 2 VERY good inside sources.

Any naysayers visiting yet this afternoon to apologize or offer up any positive comments about the additions?

Last edited:
not that i'm a naysayer but i would say thanks to scobuck for providing the scoop. he gets the iceturkee, retired reporter, gold star of the week!!!

I can verify Jacksonville up and running. Now, how do I get rid of the double listing?

edit your favorites in the EPG, are they real duplicates or just the one for each the OTA, the DirecTV "SD" and the DirecTV digital?

edit your favorites in the EPG, are they duplicates or one for each the OTA, the DirecTV "SD" and the DirecTV digital?

I'll have a 30 (shows HD programs in guide) a 30 (doesn't show HD programs), and a 30.1 (OTA)

So one is the OTA, one is the LiL digital and one is the LiL SD. You can remove any of them via the EPG favorite channel setup menu.

Jacksonville, FL HD Locals now on!

DirecTV has turned on the Jacksonville, FL HD locals as of 3/28/07. Looks like ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox are all there. Sorry if posted already.

The following 8 markets will be lit with HD lils in April 07:

Albequeque
Buffalo
Greensboro
Harrisburg
Jacksonville
New Orleans
Spokane
Tulsa

All of these were ORIGINALLY scheduled for end 06.

Great post man. Looks like you got it right. :up

No biggie - just passing on info from a great person that shared it with me. Hope everyone enjoys.

For Buffalo the D* website says Channels 2 (NBC),7 (ABC) and 29 (FOX) are available in HD as of 4 April. Channel 4 the CBS affilliate is not listed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)