DIRECTV to Offer FREE MLB Extra Innings!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hmmm,
I read it as any sub that had Ultimate or higher got it from 3-1 to 4-15, more like a month and a half free view ....
Didn't say anything about being a New Sub.

More than likely, thats not right, but well find out soon enough.

The regular season doesn't start until around April, 1st...

Hmmm,
I read it as any sub that had Ultimate or higher got it from 3-1 to 4-15, more like a month and a half free view ....

Thats the way I read it and hope your right and we will find out soon :)

so do i but my letter says $33.33 times 6 payments.

Hmm, I have Premier too. I am a 12 year customer, never missed a payment, have automatic payment, and have gotten Directv new customers. Didn't the last Earnings Report say they were going to do more to retain long time, profitable customers? Here would be a good place to start that.

Sounds like a reasonable interpretation to me. Give a freeview of the pre-season and the first two weeks of the regular season and see if they will bump up to Ultimate and get addicted to EI.

Never mind that they'll have to drop down a package or two to pay for EI; possibly with an associated "up to $10 Change of Service Fee" (as provided for in the Customer Agreement).

DIRECTV seems to be the leader in confusing (and arguably misleading) marketing materials.

Nice but not free for me as Am asked for renewal

Ipad 4 + SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Sounds like a reasonable interpretation to me. Give a freeview of the pre-season and the first two weeks of the regular season and see if they will bump up to Ultimate and get addicted to EI.

Never mind that they'll have to drop down a package or two to pay for EI; possibly with an associated "up to $10 Change of Service Fee" (as provided for in the Customer Agreement).

DIRECTV seems to be the leader in confusing (and arguably misleading) marketing materials.
Yep, Dish's EI offer is much less confusing. ;)

I'm reasonably sure that EI does not include Spring Training games, so I'd have to think that those interpreting this as all subscribers getting it from 3/1-4/15 are probably off base...

See what I did there?

Got my bill today. Big ad on it...Sign up for MLB EI for $199. If anyone was still looking for confirmation that the free offer wasn't for existing customers, well there you go.

I'm reasonably sure that EI does not include Spring Training games, so I'd have to think that those interpreting this as all subscribers getting it from 3/1-4/15 are probably off base... See what I did there?
no you need the sport pack for Spring Training games the EI package start when the season start but im sure the MLB Network will have all of Spring Training games

no you need the sport pack for Spring Training games the EI package start when the season start but im sure the MLB Network will have all of Spring Training games

With the deal starting 1 March, I'm hoping this doesn't mean that Spring Training games are no longer in the clear on Sports Pack. Teams blackout their vintage game footage on Sports Pack so this wouldn't surprise me.

Isn't there usually a free preview of MLBEI every year for the the first ten days or so of the season? This sounds like that plus you get spring training games. Not that much more than usual. I am planning on going to MLBTV this season. My renewal rate for it is $124.95. That's about $75 cheaper for me than EI. If they would bundle EI with MLBTV for about $200 or so I would do that. But apparently they aren't going to that this season and maybe never.

The whole ball of wax. And some other really neat features. Check it out.

One neat feature I noticed was that you could overlay the radio broadcast with the video. I think that is really nice since there are still quite a few very good radio only announcers you can't experience with TV. Bob Uecker,Marty Brennaman and Mike Shannon are just a few off the top of my head that you normally can't hear with TV only.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts