DirecTV to Xfinity X1 - Anything I should know?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The only beef I have with the Flex box is that it comes with the voice remote. The directional buttons (itty bitty wedges of rubber spaced quite widely apart, actually) and I just don't get along. The transport buttons aren't where I like them either but that's probably just me.

My X1 was just updated and I too dislike the tiny directional buttons. Have you checked to see if any of the older remotes will work?

Last week I decided to try the XG1v4 4K box. I am really enjoying it so far.

I believe the picture quality is better then my Tivo Bolt and HS17/C61K boxes when I had them. I have a 65"4K Sony TV.

Streaming Netflix and on demand titles works really well. No box crashes like Tivo.

I also have an Apple TV and Roku, but watching streaming through the Xfinity box is less of a hassle.

I also don't like the directional buttons on the Xfinity remote.

Comcast customer service is bad. Depending on who answers determines if your issue gets fixed or not.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Still a lot better than DirecTV. I use this site to schedule a callback if I need to talk to them:

If it is billing or to get or swap equipment I go to the local store.

Also on DSL Reports there is a direct forum where they respond pretty well to for technical issues:

Really in the three years I have been back with them there have been very few issues.

Reactions: harshness

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)