DirecTV Touts HD Ambitions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hopefully by the time Directv launches all of those channels next year, Dish will have plans on how they will be able to keep up with Directv. Dish will have their good luck with HD right now but next year will be Directv's turn in a HUGE way. Seems like it will go back and forth between them. One will be ahead one year, the other the next year. If Directv does add that many next year, Dish would lose a lot if not most of their HD subscribers and I am sure Directv would offer a promotion to switch them out. Dish would have to counteract that with something.

I don't know about that. Unless by then DTV shows ALL available national HD channels in full HD (not HD-lite!) I think they'll still be behind in the number of channels since I think only E* can carry the voom originals, right? But that may also be their strategy: getting ready for the future (meaning 3+ plus years from now) when there'll be many more HD channels availalable. By that time I wonder if then it will be E* who will be starving for bird space and turning off HD-lite channels in order to make room for more HD-lite channels!

Stargazer said:
Hopefully by the time Directv launches all of those channels next year, Dish will have plans on how they will be able to keep up with Directv. Dish will have their good luck with HD right now but next year will be Directv's turn in a HUGE way. Seems like it will go back and forth between them. One will be ahead one year, the other the next year. If Directv does add that many next year, Dish would lose a lot if not most of their HD subscribers and I am sure Directv would offer a promotion to switch them out. Dish would have to counteract that with something.

Given the sorry state of management at D* I doubt those 2 new sats will make all that much difference even if they do get launched successfully. Then D* will not want to pay for the HD programming services because it would cut into Ruperts profit margin. I knew that D* management was a joke when I found out about how much money they blew on starting up CDUSA and devoting bandwidth to it. And it was mostly because they didn't want to spend money to buy someone elses programming material.

At least with the 2 new sats they probably will stop turning off national HD channels in order to show NFL football games.

Once again I have to ask you bg, why the doomsayer. You haven't had anything positive to say about D* in about oh 117 out of 117 posts. Yet you still are a sub? Even when future plans are discussed you only want to say how they will screw it up.

bgsmallwood said:
Given the sorry state of management at D* I doubt those 2 new sats will make all that much difference even if they do get launched successfully. Then D* will not want to pay for the HD programming services because it would cut into Ruperts profit margin. I knew that D* management was a joke when I found out about how much money they blew on starting up CDUSA and devoting bandwidth to it. And it was mostly because they didn't want to spend money to buy someone elses programming material.

At least with the 2 new sats they probably will stop turning off national HD channels in order to show NFL football games.

bg i just switch to E* today and I think you are wrong. When the 2 new birds fly...whenever that is next year, D* will have space for many channels in HD. I just didn't wanna wait, can always switch back :D

FlyingJ said:
Once again I have to ask you bg, why the doomsayer. You haven't had anything positive to say about D* in about oh 117 out of 117 posts. Yet you still are a sub? Even when future plans are discussed you only want to say how they will screw it up.

I won't be a sub after Tuesday.

This most recent fiasco with TNT-HD and now supposedly turning off HDNET(not confirmed as far as I know) and the way that management didn't even tell their employees much less subscribers woke me up to how they feel about their subs.

Question? It is now Friday evening and has D* management told ANYONE what they are going to turn off on Sunday? I guess we don't even matter. All we have are rumors. We deserve better!

1. D* management failed to procure bandwidth a year or two ago when it mattered and now we pay the price?

2. D* management blew a wad of money creating CDUSA so they could burn bandwidth running a one hour loop all week.

3. Has D* overperformed OR underperfomed since management
changed hands? Why do you think things will change with same
management making the same decisions.

What was it Benjamin Franklin said about the definition of insanity?

This will be my last post in the DirecTV forums so I apologize if I have offended anyone. I have NO negative feelings toward any other posters here or the website, only how I was treated by D*

FIOS would be mine if you can get it. I would have switched a long time ago if I could.

Lets not overrun this thread with where he should go, p.m. him with that :), also why would DIrectv spend millions upon millions of dollars just to let sats sit up in space...They have a plan, they are following it, sit back relax, and enjoy the New HD in about a year!

i'm not going to jump into this mess but say (as a retired reporter), the interviewer would not being doing his or her job, if they didn't ask tough questions about the obvious!!

i will also say this, it's quite common for a subject (who knows they are on the hot seat) to deny wrongdoing and then spew mumbo jumbo in an attempt to redeem themself!

Questioner said:
FIOS would be mine if you can get it. I would have switched a long time ago if I could.

In the past 2 months you have said you would switch to Dish, Comcast, etc. Why would anyone believe you now? You just love to complain and to lie.

ScoBuck said:
In the past 2 months you have said you would switch to Dish, Comcast, etc. Why would anyone believe you now? You just love to complain and to lie.

And you just love to try and create flamewars and get threads locked. It won't work with me.

To address your question, I have never lied. If I were able to switch to a superior hd service, I would.

I guess you don't think EVERYONE will see that under your name it clearly says 'BANNED USER'.

Another lie, gee what a surprise.

ScoBuck said:
I guess you don't think EVERYONE will see that under your name it clearly says 'BANNED USER'.

Another lie, gee what a surprise.

After my identity was cleared up, I was given the option to create a new account there....which I did.

Sorry questioner...

If you where "truely" cleared up at www.dbstalk.com, we would have un-banned yoru account....

And if you where "approved" for a user name change, the same account would have been used.

If this is a mistake you can send me a PM which I woudl forward it to our Adminstrators

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts