DirecTv Transponder Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

clang

Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
just outside of KCMO
I hope someone can help me! My satellite began experiencing problems that appeared to be rain fade for brief periods awhile back, even though it was a perfectly clear day. Eventually, I was not able to get any programming. The high, even number transponders (28, 30, 32) showed a signal in the low 90's. I found a bad coax in the system, replaced and still the same. Everyone told me it was an aiming problem - so I bought a satellite finder at radio shack and "fine tuned" the dish. Same problem. I changed the LNB with my father in laws - same problem. I took my receiver to his house - same problem. I brought his receiver to my house - same problem. I had Directv send a new receiver - same problem. Does anyone have any ideas??? Thanks. :)

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

Do you have a multiswitch? If so have you changed out your multiswitch?

thanks for the welcome. No, I do not have a multiswitch. I thought maybe the second (used) LNB might also be bad, but my receiver did not work at his house, nor his receiver at my house. I don't know what else to check or do.

you have multiple problems, and why are you only checking the high end even transponders? check 3 and 8 what do you have? what make of reciever ? how long has system been active? where are you located?

I checked ALL of the transponders. Everything except 28, 30 & 32 is zero signal. The new receiver is a D10. I have had this service for about 4 years. I am just outside of Kansas City, MO. As I mentioned, my old receiver doesn't work at my fathers house, and his receiver does not work at mine house. That is what has me puzzled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts