DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So, the double down. Having a cited link to exactly what the ratings actually are, you double down and come up with the amazing number of 272M people.

Get Nielsen on the horn. Heck, get CNN, as you have just.discovered that the NFL gets ratings higher than any event in human history.

I posted the link. You were proven wrong. That’s OK, but to double down with “nah, actually almost every man, woman, and child in the country watched the game” is truly sad.

You do understand that if I watch a game in each time slot, I count 5 times in the ratings, but I am only one potential customer, right?

Or do you not understand TV ratings at all?

As to being “desperate” is that another word for “correct”, because the whole thing is falling in just as we understood it would.

You cited oranges when I provided apples (and the declined to resolve that when challenged). But you both keep going on as if '17.1m' represents the entire viewing audience... but have also claimed in the past most people only watch their team's game. Which is it?

Or do you not understand TV ratings at all?
Do you, from Juan’s link-

The league's viewership for the 2021 regular season was up roughly 10% overall from the year prior, bringing in an average of 17.1 million viewers per game on TV and digital.

That means each game playing yesterday, some games had more then 17 million, some had less, that is how averages work.

I know some watched 3 games yesterday( 1pm, 4pm, 8pm).

So to be fair, knocked it down to 10 million watched each game ( to compansate for those who watched more then one game), so out of 15 games played yesterday, that is still 150 million.

So if the survey was correct, that 26% of NFL fans would subscribe to NFLST at $300, that is 39 million people.

I still think it will be closer to 10 million that will subscribe, which still makes it profitable.

Also, tonight’s game ( which will be on ESPN+, that you posted would never happen) will affect the average a little.

Do you, from Juan’s link-

The league's viewership for the 2021 regular season was up roughly 10% overall from the year prior, bringing in an average of 17.1 million viewers per game on TV and digital.

That means each game playing yesterday, some games had more then 17 million, some had less, that is how averages work.

I know some watched 3 games yesterday( 1pm, 4pm, 8pm).

So to be fair, knocked it down to 10 million watched each game ( to compansate for those who watched more then one game), so out of 15 games played yesterday, that is still 150 million.

So if the survey was correct, that 26% of NFL fans would subscribe to NFLST at $300, that is 39 million people.

I still think it will be closer to 10 million that will subscribe, which still makes it profitable.

Also, tonight’s game ( which will be on ESPN+, that you posted would never happen) will affect the average a little.
How many games do you watch on a Sunday?

How many games do you watch on a Sunday?
Considering most can only watch one game at 1, one at 4 and one at 8, the most someone can watch is 3, unless you have ST, which is only 2 million.

So, hence why I knocked the per game average to 10 million from your link.

Considering most can only watch one game at 1, one at 4 and one at 8, the most someone can watch is 3, unless you have ST, which is only 2 million.

So, hence why I knocked the per game average to 10 million from your link.
What are you talking about..i switch between fox, cbs from philly and ny..or i can go to sports bar...you really don't watch sports do you?

What are you talking about..i switch between fox, cbs from philly and ny..or i can go to sports bar...you really don't watch sports do you?

Oh, but you said most don't do that...

Do you think a lion's fan watches the vikings? Or browns fan watches the cardinals?.. not usually but gamblers jump from game to game..so for most its only about their team

When you play all sides to try and be right all the time, you end up just wrong all the time.

Reactions: cosmo_kramer
Yes, that is why I knocked it down from 17 million per game to 10 million, for those who do that.

You are one who put up the link for the 17 million per game average, now you are ignoring it.

Yes, that is why I knocked it down from 17 million per game to 10 million, for those who do that.

You are one who put up the link for the 17 million per game average, now you are ignoring it.
I switch because I can..thats just me..usually at the end of the season...sometimes i just watch red zone..they switch for me

I watched the Bears, flipped back and forth to Lions as a Detroit friend was here, watched Patriots, as a friend is s silly cheerleader for them. Steelers just waiting for Mich to be Mitch....and all late games enjoyed flipping back and forth for all...I feel I get to see as much as I can...One runs late or goes OT I will watch...as the beginning of any game is just the start!...Its my Sunday day of football entertainment...Friends from all around the country come over....Its a party

Reactions: Jimbo
You know
Not all NFL games have the same audience
You have 1 national game and the rest are regional..you cant say 20 million per game..

You know
Not all NFL games have the same audience
You have 1 national game and the rest are regional..you cant say 20 million per game..
Your link is what said it-The league's viewership for the 2021 regular season was up roughly 10% overall from the year prior, bringing in an average of 17.1 million viewers per game on TV and digital.

You are correct, some games might of had 20 million watching, some 15 million, that is how averages work

Amazed, you were so happy to post this link to push back against meStevo, but now you know what it really says, you have disavowed it.

By the way, anyone watching MNF on ESPN+, looks amazing in real 1080P.
B97E3CBC-9F95-444E-BE29-52C35FA3F753.jpeg

Reactions: meStevo and comp9
Your link is what said it-The league's viewership for the 2021 regular season was up roughly 10% overall from the year prior, bringing in an average of 17.1 million viewers per game on TV and digital. You are correct, some games might of had 20 million watching, some 15 million, that is how averages work Amazed, you were so happy to post this link to push back against meStevo, but now you know what it
Your link is what said it-The league's viewership for the 2021 regular season was up roughly 10% overall from the year prior, bringing in an average of 17.1 million viewers per game on TV and digital.

You are correct, some games might of had 20 million watching, some 15 million, that is how averages work

Amazed, you were so happy to post this link to push back against meStevo, but now you know what it really says, you have disavowed it.

By the way, anyone watching MNF on ESPN+, looks amazing in real 1080P.
View attachment 158413
I dont think you understand
17.1 million is what the advertising rates are based on..if they could reach 50 million viewers..they would charge super bowl prices for commercials..but they don't..its really that simple

I dont think you understand
17.1 million is what the advertising rates are based on..if they could reach 50 million viewers..they would charge super bowl prices for commercials..but they don't..its really that simple
no kidding, they will base the ad rates on 17 million viewing each game.

Again, running from the link you posted and down the rabbit hole.

no kidding, they will base the ad rates on 17 million viewing each game.

Again, running from the link you posted and down the rabbit hole.
Right
You buy a nationwide ad for a 1pm NFL game on CBS..they garuntee 17 million viewers by showing the same ad on the game available in each local market..its cumlative..you don't buy local ads from CBS..just national..you dont buy ads for a particular game from CBS..just whats playing in that time slot

Right
You buy a nationwide ad for a 1pm NFL game on CBS..they garuntee 17 million viewers by showing the same ad on the game available in each local market..its cumlative..you don't buy local ads from CBS..just national..you dont buy ads for a particular game from CBS..just whats playing in that time slot
And no one but you is talking about about ad rates, we were talking about how many viewers and how that would affect how many would subscribe to NFLST.

You are trying to change the subject since you lost the argument thanks to a link you posted.

I believe the average rating is closer to 10-12 million per game, based on flipping and other factors, so based on that survey of NFL fans, 28% of them would subscribe at $300, more if it is less ( doubtful) and/or offer individual teams.

And again, I believe it will be closer to 10% of NFL Fans will subscribe, not 28%, at $300 to ST, which is still 15 million when it is available to the majority, that is $4.5 billion a year, if 10 million subscribe, that is $3 billion.

Either way, Apple/Amazon makes a profit.

Right
I hope your goalposts are on wheels. Definitely would help make their frantic moving much, much easier......

And no one but you is talking about about ad rates, we were talking about how many viewers and how that would affect how many would subscribe to NFLST.

You are trying to change the subject since you lost the argument thanks to a link you posted.

I believe the average rating is closer to 10-12 million per game, based on flipping and other factors, so based on that survey of NFL fans, 28% of them would subscribe at $300, more if it is less ( doubtful) and/or offer individual teams.

And again, I believe it will be closer to 10% of NFL Fans will subscribe, not 28%, at $300 to ST, which is still 15 million when it is available to the majority, that is $4.5 billion a year, if 10 million subscribe, that is $3 billion.

Either way, Apple/Amazon makes a profit.
You really are something else
The whole point of ratings is to sell ads..there are only 2 million people willing to buy sunday ticket..thats it..just not that popular

Status
Please reply by conversation.