DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I said that if they could sell it at $100 and before someone posted it had to be at a premium price.

Which now might not be true, NFL has says Google can price it how they wish, but I assume there are some limitations on that because of CBS/Fox, we shall see.
Google can price it however they want, but no one else can ???
That doesn't seem like a fair way to market the product.

And again, there are other ways to make revenue, NFL has also said this deal is different then the deal they had with ZDirecTV, in what ways we do not know yet.

And again, Google makes over $70 Billion a year on average, based on your posts, that is a $800 Million loss, they can afford it.

And again, Google is a very intelligent company, they know how to make money.
Just because they could AFFORD to lose 800 M, doesn't mean they would go that route ... they would not be happy if they did.

Anyone that has ST and raises it to even out losses, will lose in the long run.

Got a Question for all of you that have had or would be in consideration for ST.

Where is the price point that you would say yes vs no ?

Is it $100, $200, $300 ... $300+

At what point would you say, Yes, I'll take it and at what point would you say, No TOO much ?
Whats a fair price for you, not the company ?
=============================================================================================
$100 per team or $150 for the whole package would be Great, so it will be More than that (at least in my opinion)

Where would I be content paying ... Probably $200 for the whole package, I could go for that ....
More than that is more likely in the real world.

We've already been at $300+, didn't like it, did it .... didn't like it.

If it goes much over $300, ,they won't get nearly enough people to break even ... if they even get close I'd be surprised.
They could price it per stream or per single team...we don't know how they are going to sell it..they could even sell it per week....so many possibilities to make it affordable

They paid 2 billion for the rights...they can't give it away but nobody said you couldn't sell a single team version

If DirecTV can get 2 Million to sub to it from DirecTV’s 10 Million Household Subscribers, maybe they can get 6 Million-up subs from 110 Million Household that get Broadband.

Even if they only get 3-4 Million subs, does not mean they lose 2 billion, more like 1 billion, then how many YTTV subs do they get from ST, what about Advertising, then of course Data , which Google loves to sell.

There is a lot of potential.

Directv also had 2 million NFLST subscribers when they had 22 million satellite subscribers, so that 2 million was the upper bound for the number of NFLST subscribers on Directv.

There are simply a limited number of people willing to pay $300/yr to watch out of market games, when they have at least three free games to watch every Sunday afternoon.

Reactions: NashGuy
Found the article-

The pricing for Sunday Ticket will ultimately be set by YouTube, which will also determine various potential packages to offer customers, Prasad said Thursday. That leaves the door open for options like individual team subscriptions. “We hope it continues to be a very accessible price and great opportunity for our fans,” Prasad said.

Found the article-

The pricing for Sunday Ticket will ultimately be set by YouTube, which will also determine various potential packages to offer customers, Prasad said Thursday. That leaves the door open for options like individual team subscriptions. “We hope it continues to be a very accessible price and great opportunity for our fans,” Prasad said.

We can Hope ....

Once again, it MUST be sold at a "premium price", generally thought to be $300. No amount of googling up fact free stories from obscure websites can change that.

The idea that if enough people just hold their breath and stomp their feet long enough then content providers will just "have" to sell them their content at a loss is F level work in the first year of business school.

• Haha
Reactions: Bruce
Once again, it MUST be sold at a "premium price", generally thought to be $300. No amount of googling up fact free stories from obscure websites can change that.
CNBC is a obscure website and a quote from Dhruv Prasad, the NFL’s senior vice president of media strategy and strategic investments makes it fact free?
The idea that if enough people just hold their breath and stomp their feet long enough then content providers will just "have" to sell them their content at a loss is F level work in the first year of business school.
I have a Master in Business Administration, which had helped me in the knowledge of handling money, real estate and other investments, so much so that I retired at 52.

How about you?

No amount of googling up fact free stories from obscure websites can change that.
Did you read the link? That’s directly from someone that works with the NFL. While google may price it at $300, who knows, it is entirely up to them.

From CNBC. Hardly obscure.

Did you read the link? That’s directly from someone that works with the NFL. While google may price it at $300, who knows, it is entirely up to them.

From CNBC. Hardly obscure.
Would you price it for less than you paid for it?

What I never understood about the "Sunday Ticket won't be cheaper cuz they have to pay the broadcasters" argument:

NHL Center Ice became Significantly cheaper when ESPN+ started offering all those games in their streaming service, but do they also not have broadcasters to pay? What's the difference between that and the broadcasters Youtube/the NFL will have to pay?

How much would you pay for it? Have you ever had it, ever? Have you ever had Directv, ever? Two of those are yes or no questions. The other is just asking for a dollar amount.
They have to make a profit...it depends what they offer and how they sell it...getting it for free as a long term customer of directv is a no brainer...wait and see how google markets it..but alacart will be more than $300 for the service directv used as a promo

They have to make a profit...it depends what they offer and how they sell it...getting it for free as a long term customer of directv is a no brainer...wait and see how google markets it..but alacart will be more than $300 for the service directv used as a promo
You answered nothing. I asked how much YOU would be willing to pay. I asked if YOU ever had ST. I asked if YOU ever had Directv. Answer those.

You answered nothing. I asked how much YOU would be willing to pay. I asked if YOU ever had ST. I asked if YOU ever had Directv. Answer those.
Free would be great..just like directv offered it to long term customers...if Google has a reasonbly priced one team option..the whole enchalada will be too expensive based on the price google paid for it..but I can't make any decision until Google announces prices and options...its useless to speculate what I would pay for it until I see how it is offered

Free would be great..just like directv offered it to long term customers...if Google has a reasonbly priced one team option..the whole enchalada will be too expensive based on the price google paid for it..but I can't make any decision until Google announces prices and options...its useless to speculate what I would pay for it until I see how it is offered
Juan, once again, they are three very clear, very basic questions. Have YOU had ST, ever? Have YOU ever had Directv, ever? How much would YOU would be WILLING to pay for ST. It doesn't take a paragraph. You can answer all with three words.

My answers would be Yes, Yes and $350.

I always wondered what it must be like to go through life with blinders on. Thanks to you, I now know…..

Juan, once again, they are three very clear, very basic questions. Have YOU had ST, ever? Have YOU ever had Directv, ever? How much would YOU would be WILLING to pay for ST. It doesn't take a paragraph. You can answer all with three words.

My answers would be Yes, Yes and $350.
I can't tell you how much is too much or a good price until google announces prices..asking someone a hypothetical price is silly and stupid and really serves no purpose...i explained free for longterm customers is a good price for me but thats not going to happen..so we wait for google and see what they offer

Status
Please reply by conversation.