DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I can't tell you how much is too much or a good price until google announces prices..asking someone a hypothetical price is silly and stupid and really serves no purpose...i explained free for longterm customers is a good price for me but thats not going to happen..so we wait for google and see what they offer
I'm not asking a "good price". I'm asking how much YOU'd be willing to pay for ST. I'll define it for you, to be even more direct. ST like it is now a la cart. All out of market games with red zone and fantasy zone (you have no idea since you've never had it).

Also, again, answer the other questions Juan. Have YOU ever had ST before? Have YOU ever had Directv before?

We all know the answer to the last two.

I'm not asking a "good price". I'm asking how much YOU'd be willing to pay for ST. I'll define it for you, to be even more direct. ST like it is now a la cart. All out of market games with red zone and fantasy zone (you have no idea since you've never had it).

Also, again, answer the other questions Juan. Have YOU ever had ST before? Have YOU ever had Directv before?

We all know the answer to the last two.
I don't know until they announce prices and packages...just have to wait and see what they want to charge

I don't know until they announce prices and packages...just have to wait and see what they want to charge
One last time Juan.

I defined it for you . How much would you be willing to pay for a la carte ST with red zone and fantasy zone?

Have you ever had ST?

Have you ever had DirecTV?

My answers are $350, Yes and Yes.

Give me your three one word answers. And if you cannot answer the first, answer the others.

.i explained free for longterm customers is a good price for me but thats not going to happen..
Giving it away for new or long term customers did not work out for DirecTV, based on losing over 12 million subscribers and continuing to lose 400-500,000 per quarter.

And I am not so sure it helped gain subscribers, during the time period DirecTV was gaining, so was all other Live TV Providers, all without ST.

Comcast actually grew the most, 23.99 video subscribers vs DirecTV 22 million at it’s most.

If ST was a reason why subs were with DirecTV, then it should have help to keep churn down, yet DirecTV lost the most, both in percentage and how many.

Juan, once again, they are three very clear, very basic questions. Have YOU had ST, ever? Have YOU ever had Directv, ever? How much would YOU would be WILLING to pay for ST. It doesn't take a paragraph. You can answer all with three words.

My answers would be Yes, Yes and $350.
Is that where you feel is justifiable ? $350 ????

I asked that same question in another post ...
I would like to see the whole package for $200, but don't think it will come down that far.

Giving it away for new or long term customers did not work out for DirecTV, based on losing over 12 million subscribers and continuing to lose 400-500,000 per quarter.

And I am not so sure it helped gain subscribers, during the time period DirecTV was gaining, so was all other Live TV Providers, all without ST.

Comcast actually grew the most, 23.99 video subscribers vs DirecTV 22 million at it’s most.

If ST was a reason why subs were with DirecTV, then it should have help to keep churn down, yet DirecTV lost the most, both in percentage and how many.
It worked for years and years...pay tv in general just got too expensive..everybody losing customers and most companies losing on streaming...we are in a time of transition..but linear tv will exist in some form for a very long time

Reactions: SamCdbs

D* will lose plenty more between now and next September.

It worked for years and years...pay tv in general just got too expensive..everybody losing customers and most companies losing on streaming...we are in a time of transition..but linear tv will exist in some form for a very long time
linear TV will still be around when the Streaming guys have pasted up the price of Cable and Sat, it won't take long, they are in the $70+ area already, another 3-4 years and it will be over $140

Reactions: SamCdbs
Is that where you feel is justifiable ? $350 ????

I asked that same question in another post ...
I would like to see the whole package for $200, but don't think it will come down that far.
Justifiable? No. But $350 is what I'm willing to pay (and about what I'm paying now). And I agree, I do not think it will be $200.

You didn't answer my questions Juan.

Justifiable? No. But $350 is what I'm willing to pay (and about what I'm paying now). And I agree, I do not think it will be $200.
Now, they NFL will string us along till June or so to give us prices and options for getting the ST next year ...
We really have No Idea when anyone will announce it ...
I can see the NFL making a full blown 2 hour event to announce the pricing and options ...
Sometime over the summer when they feel that other leagues are getting too much attention.
Hopefully I am wrong about that ...
I can see them waiting till after the SB at the very least.

Seeing we are now playing in the Streaming world ...
Do you all think we'll be able to use the (APP or service) ST outside of your home ?
I watch it at home and I go to my Cottage, will I be able to log in and have access, even though I'm on a different network ?

They allow the ST to be used in multiple places at the moment .... do they change that when the new company comes around ?

Hopefully they don't say something stupid like someone else did, where you can use it at home or on a PHONE, but not a TV.
Thats just assinine .... don't remember who did that, but I remember someone doing it.

Simple. Tired of his trolling. He is prob 25% of the posts on a subject he has no interest in. Definition of trolling. He doesn't have ST. He doesn't have Directv. Never has. Never will.
Trolling is harassing another member with senseless questions in a obsessive way

linear TV will still be around when the Streaming guys have pasted up the price of Cable and Sat, it won't take long, they are in the $70+ area already, another 3-4 years and it will be over $140
AGREE!!! and with the more streaming service popping up. i noticed they get to be more $$$$$

AGREE!!! and with the more streaming service popping up. i noticed they get to be more $$$$$
I'd like your post, but I don't want to Like it and make it look like I'm good with the Streaming prices.

I'm sure someone will post shortly that all the Traditional and Cable and Sat are going up as well ...
The Streaming service were suppose to be the way to bring prices back to earth, but they haven't held thier price point, they too keep going up .

Reactions: John2021
I'd like your post, but I don't want to Like it and make it look like I'm good with the Streaming prices.

I'm sure someone will post shortly that all the Traditional and Cable and Sat are going up as well ...
The Streaming service were suppose to be the way to bring prices back to earth, but they haven't held thier price point, they too keep going up .
it amazes me how many people say there gonna get you tube tv for 65 a month and not expect to get a price increase. to kick it off there right back where they started from crying it costs to much. maybe they shouldn't watch t.v. if they can't afford it!!!! streaming was cheap but it went up like everything else did and will

Status
Please reply by conversation.