DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If the NFL wants as many people as possible they better let people with the monthly subscription to get it,
Again, the NFL does not care how many subscribe, they care about the $$$$$ from Amazon/Apple.
I pay the $29.99 for Apple One, and $16.19 after taxes for Amazon Prime,
Why so much for just Prime Video, it is only $8.99 per month on their Web Site, to get to $16.19 you would have to pay 80% taxes on it, I really doubt that.

Here in Florida, we have 11% tax (5.5 to the state, 5.5 to the county) on video services, be it streaming or Cable/Satellite.

If you subscribe to the yearly option, Shipping with Video as a extra, there is no tax, just on video only you get taxed.

Also, if you pay with Gift Cards on Video Services, no tax, because it is considered double taxation since you already paid sales tax on the cards.

I would go to yearly on Prime, not sure how Apple would work
Apple+ is $49.99 a year, I do not know why you claim to pay $29.99 a month ( called it Apple One?).

Again, the NFL does not care how many subscribe, they care about the $$$$$ from Amazon/Apple.

Why so much for just Prime Video, it is only $8.99 per month on their Web Site, to get to $16.19 you would have to pay 80% taxes on it, I really doubt that.

Here in Florida, we have 11% tax (5.5 to the state, 5.5 to the county) on video services, be it streaming or Cable/Satellite.

If you subscribe to the yearly option, Shipping with Video as a extra, there is no tax, just on video only you get taxed.

Also, if you pay with Gift Cards on Video Services, no tax, because it is considered double taxation since you already paid sales tax on the cards.

Apple+ is $49.99 a year, I do not know why you claim to pay $29.99 a month ( called it Apple One?).
I pay $16.19 after taxes for Amazon Prime, not Prime Video, the entire Prime, I get the free 2 day shipping, etc...

Apple One is a service they offer that costs less than paying for Apple TV+, Apple Music, 2TB iCloud, News+, Arcade, & Health+ or something like that all bundled together.

And if the NFL only cares about money, and no the sub count then why would they require the provider to make it so you have to sub yearly? Not like NFL ST is a year round thing, as long as you sub to Apple TV+ or Prime, then you should be eligible to get it IMO, it's just like with DTV, people are happy to not have to pay DTV so much, but then guess what they're gonna need to pay for a yearly subscription to something they may not want? Yeah that'll go over well.

And if the NFL only cares about money, and no the sub count then why would they require the provider to make it so you have to sub yearly? Not like NFL ST is a year round thing, as long as you sub to Apple TV+ or Prime, then you should be eligible to get it IMO, it's just like with DTV, people are happy to not have to pay DTV so much, but then guess what they're gonna need to pay for a yearly subscription to something they may not want? Yeah that'll go over well.
NFL is getting their money up front. Requiring another membership is one of the various methods to reap ROI from that investment by the winning bidder.

I pay $16.19 after taxes for Amazon Prime, not Prime Video, the entire Prime, I get the free 2 day shipping, etc...
Paying that monthly makes it $194.28 vs $139 for the year, basically another $50 a year.

NFL is getting their money up front. Requiring another membership is one of the various methods to reap ROI from that investment by the winning bidder.
Yep, already pay for Prime because of the shipping and I like their TV Shows

Already have Apple+ because I like their shows, so a wash for me if either get ST.

And the only one who would benefit if they require membership is Apple, the majority of the population of the United States already have Amazon Prime.

Reactions: JUCJ85

The NFL may not care about subs but Amazon/Apple do..thats why apple cut the deal for thursday night football with directv for commercial establishments..why? They wanna make money

The NFL may not care about subs but Amazon/Apple do..thats why apple cut the deal for thursday night football with directv for commercial establishments..why? They wanna make money
Wrong as usual.

First off, it was Amazon, not Apple.

Second, Amazon did not charge DirecTV for the rights to air TNF for Businesses.

Wrong as usual.

First off, it was Amazon, not Apple.

Second, Amazon did not charge DirecTV for the rights to air TNF for Businesses.
Huh..directv is charging the businesses..didnt know amazon was into corporate charity..thanks for the heads up

Paying that monthly makes it $194.28 vs $139 for the year, basically another $50 a year.
I know, not ideal, but fact is I'm on a fixed budget, we don't get more than what we get each month, it sucks, but I will sub for the year long if required, won't go without the ticket, I'll just cut some stuff with DIRECTV or somewhere else.

When did the backfeeds disapeer?
I don't know specific dates, but I ended using C-Band when I was at a point that I nneded to upgrade to a new recvr, maybe upgraded to 4 something maybe 4D was it ?
I decided to not go any further with it, many of the wild feeds were getting encrypted around the same time.

I use to enjoy Wild Feeds for any games available. Mainly some of the Bowl games were a riot ...
I was getting ready to watch the Rose Bowl, Keith Jackson was calling the game ... (I really miss him, what a voice)
He was talking with another guy who was suppose to be helping him ... not doing what he wanted (he may have been the spotter) that conversation got real spirited.

It's wild how you just ignore anything fatal to your argument and pretend to know everything - without being able to cite anything you claim.
You mean like the ratings (cited) or the massive value that is the local RSN (cited) ? Like that?
you fundamentally don't seem to understand both ratings
The ones that say the top game of the week gets 30M, not 100M? Those ratings?
, economies of scale
Which is about production of physical items in a factory. Please explain how this applies to broadcasting in any manner.

I’ll wait. Just like I’m still waiting for those extra 70M viewers the OP claims are there.
For example, since you posted them to rebut the '100m viewers' PR, how many NFL viewers are you suggesting they get weekly based on your links?
I’m not “suggesting” any number. I provided you links to THE number. 30M. Proven. Nielsen. Cited.

The OP found some clickbait website and extrapolated from that, somehow, more people than currently watch the “free” game are somehow going to pay for extra ones.

I refuted it. With links.

2M

You mean like the ratings (cited) or the massive value that is the local RSN (cited) ? Like that?

The ones that say the top game of the week gets 30M, not 100M? Those ratings?

Which is about production of physical items in a factory. Please explain how this applies to broadcasting in any manner.

I’ll wait. Just like I’m still waiting for those extra 70M viewers the OP claims are there.

I’m not “suggesting” any number. I provided you links to THE number. 30M. Proven. Nielsen. Cited.

The OP found some clickbait website and extrapolated from that, somehow, more people than currently watch the “free” game are somehow going to pay for extra ones.

I refuted it. With links.

2M
Closer to 17.1 million

DirecTV’s ST app, NFL+ app, Sling, and YouTube all fail for week one.

Most glaring are the failures of the ST app, which has a fairly small subscriber base; and the NFL+ app. The NFL+ app sells people access to whichever games are on in their area on free OTA TV, and the national games, which are also on free OTA TV or ESPN (which any sports fan would certainly have anyway). What used to be free on the Yahoo app or the NFL app. Massive problems.

Of course why anyone would pay $10/month for things that are already free, and who exactly wants to watch football on a phone (it won’t work on real TVs) is beyond me. Obviously I don’t pay for it, but I do have the NFL app and it kept trying to sell it to me. With links to games in some other place, somewhere near Cleveland, not the game I was supposed to get. This also happened now and then when it was free on Yahoo.

Streaming. Just not ready for prime time. Check back Thursday to see what Amazon issues there are. I’m sure there will be plenty.

And, BTW, DirecTV does not charge businesses for access to TNF, it is included at no extra charge in the commercial service. Because Amazon needs DirecTV to serve the commercial customers it cannot.

That won’t change next year when the issue is ST.

Just not ready for prime time.

• Haha
Reactions: comp9
DirecTV’s ST app, NFL+ app, Sling, and YouTube all fail for week one.

Most glaring are the failures of the ST app, which has a fairly small subscriber base; and the NFL+ app. The NFL+ app sells people access to whichever games are on in their area on free OTA TV, and the national games, which are also on free OTA TV or ESPN (which any sports fan would certainly have anyway). What used to be free on the Yahoo app or the NFL app. Massive problems.

Of course why anyone would pay $10/month for things that are already free, and who exactly wants to watch football on a phone (it won’t work on real TVs) is beyond me. Obviously I don’t pay for it, but I do have the NFL app and it kept trying to sell it to me. With links to games in some other place, somewhere near Cleveland, not the game I was supposed to get. This also happened now and then when it was free on Yahoo.

Streaming. Just not ready for prime time. Check back Thursday to see what Amazon issues there are. I’m sure there will be plenty.

And, BTW, DirecTV does not charge businesses for access to TNF, it is included at no extra charge in the commercial service. Because Amazon needs DirecTV to serve the commercial customers it cannot.

That won’t change next year when the issue is ST.

Just not ready for prime time.
Amazon has been doing streaming on Thursday nights for a few years now.. Directv has also been doing streaming on the Sunday Ticket app for a few years now also.. Satellite has had access issues on the first Sunday most years.. I guess thats not ready for prime time also? lol

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/DirecTV/comments/9s60ld/sunday_ticket_issues/

Closer to 17.1 million

You both continue to embarrass yourselves. That's an average number for a single game, and you both for some reason keep pretending that's the total number of viewers for an entire weekend. Hilarious.

Since you guys have also said in the past most people only watch their own game, and there are as many as 16 games per week... that's 272 million viewers.

Suddenly 100 million doesn't seem as far fetched, but that requires some common sense and not trying to force an apples to oranges comparison just because it's fatal to your argument.

You guys are getting desperate.

Reactions: cosmo_kramer
You both continue to embarrass yourselves. That's an average number for a single game, and you both for some reason keep pretending that's the total number of viewers for an entire weekend. Hilarious.

You guys are getting desperate
So, the double down. Having a cited link to exactly what the ratings actually are, you double down and come up with the amazing number of 272M people.

Get Nielsen on the horn. Heck, get CNN, as you have just.discovered that the NFL gets ratings higher than any event in human history.

I posted the link. You were proven wrong. That’s OK, but to double down with “nah, actually almost every man, woman, and child in the country watched the game” is truly sad.

You do understand that if I watch a game in each time slot, I count 5 times in the ratings, but I am only one potential customer, right?

Or do you not understand TV ratings at all?

As to being “desperate” is that another word for “correct”, because the whole thing is falling in just as we understood it would.

• Haha
Reactions: meStevo
Status
Please reply by conversation.