DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i doubt that TGP will launch more birds at the rate customers are leaving them. they tried pushing the streaming version down my throat a few times. wich in my mind tells my they want to convert everyone over to streaming
TGP was not the one trying to get you to do anything ....
All they are is Financial support for D* at the moment, and They want thier money as well, but they have nothing to do with programming.

TPG also would not be deciding on launching new Sats or recvrs.
TPG has nothing to do with ST.

Reactions: John2021
TGP was not the one trying to get you to do anything ....
All they are is Financial support for D* at the moment, and They want thier money as well, but they have nothing to do with programming.

TPG also would not be deciding on launching new Sats or recvrs.
TPG has nothing to do with ST.
ok it's doubtful that DTV will launch more birds let alone come up with new boxes for sat service.. it's more doubtful with everyone leaving. what will be interesting is to see how many flock back once these streaming services cost as much as a cable or sat package!!! i heard that TGP wants out because they didn't know how bad ATT f**ked it up ( speculation ) how in the hell could they not know that!!!

ok it's doubtful that DTV will launch more birds let alone come up with new boxes for sat service.. it's more doubtful with everyone leaving. what will be interesting is to see how many flock back once these streaming services cost as much as a cable or sat package!!!
You make it sound like Cable/Sat. will have a price freeze and streaming will surpass.

The problem with people coming back is this, Cable/Sat had as a high, 100 million subs/Households, of that, 40 million have left, out of that 40 million, 10 million went to OTT services-YTTV, Hulu Live, Sling, et, so now we have 70 million that subscribe to Live TV.

That means 30 million have left and are not coming back to any live TV.

Also this, our population grows on average over 1.5 million a year, been that way for over 30 years, yet live TV is still declining, that means they have no interest in it ( and I can attest to this since my kids are 32 and 27 and they do not have any Live TV subscription, just the Netflix types).

Which finally means, as the older customers die off, paid Live TV has no one to replace them, as those numbers increase for those leaving, the faster services become unprofitable.
i heard that TGP wants out because they didn't know how bad ATT f**ked it up ( speculation ) how in the hell could they not know that!!!
You do not know what you are talking about, TPG’s plan was always to be out within 3 years, that came out in all the financial news stories when the deal was done with AT&T.

That is why they started the merger talks with Dish back in January, those talks went no where by the way and TPG really wants to make money on their investment, but there is no one that has a interest in DirecTV except maybe Dish, but they are not bitting.

You make it sound like Cable/Sat. will have a price freeze and streaming will surpass.

The problem with people coming back is this, Cable/Sat had as a high, 100 million subs/Households, of that, 40 million have left, out of that 40 million, 10 million went to OTT services-YTTV, Hulu Live, Sling, et, so now we have 70 million that subscribe to Live TV.

That means 30 million have left and are not coming back to any live TV.

Also this, our population grows on average over 1.5 million a year, been that way for over 30 years, yet live TV is still declining, that means they have no interest in it ( and I can attest to this since my kids are 32 and 27 and they do not have any Live TV subscription, just the Netflix types).

Which finally means, as the older customers die off, paid Live TV has no one to replace them, as those numbers increase for those leaving, the faster services become unprofitable.

You do not know what you are talking about, TPG’s plan was always to be out within 3 years, that came out in all the financial news stories when the deal was done with AT&T.

That is why they started the merger talks with Dish back in January, those talks went no where by the way and TPG really wants to make money on their investment, but there is no one that has a interest in DirecTV except maybe Dish, but they are not bitting.
Why do you discount streaming services such as yahootv not being live tv?

Reactions: SamCdbs
Another Rabbit Hole.

Does Yahoo TV have channels-i just looked, it is just a bunch of clips.
Do you pay for it like Satellite/Cable/OTT-No
Does it have a app for a Roku-Nope

Pluto TV is closer to a Live TV service then Yahoo TV

Another Rabbit Hole.

Does Yahoo TV have channels-i just looked, it is just a bunch of clips.
Do you pay for it like Satellite/Cable/OTT-No
Does it have a app for a Roku-Nope

Pluto TV is closer to a Live TV service then Yahoo TV
Really are you sure?

Yahoo Sports
Watch your personalized sports news, highlights, and live games. Yahoo SportsReel is the first personalized sports service on Apple TV with in-depth news and highlights of your favorite teams and live games.
Available on:
- Apple TV 4

Available on iOS and Android, Yahoo Sports has moved beyond being just about statistics, box scores, and news headlines. When using the app, a “watch” button will appear next to scheduled baseball games that are being livestreamed. One tap will take you into details about that game, including streaming options. Because of its partnership with the MLB, some games that will be broadcast live right on Yahoo Sports, such as the company’s “MLB Free Game of the Day.”

Really are you sure?

Yahoo Sports
Watch your personalized sports news, highlights, and live games. Yahoo SportsReel is the first personalized sports service on Apple TV with in-depth news and highlights of your favorite teams and live games.
Available on:
- Apple TV 4

Available on iOS and Android, Yahoo Sports has moved beyond being just about statistics, box scores, and news headlines. When using the app, a “watch” button will appear next to scheduled baseball games that are being livestreamed. One tap will take you into details about that game, including streaming options. Because of its partnership with the MLB, some games that will be broadcast live right on Yahoo Sports, such as the company’s “MLB Free Game of the Day.”
So what do they air when MLB Season is over, a bunch of clips.

Even if it has a bit of "live" content it is not showing the same cable/satellite channel bundles via a slightly different delivery method like Sling TV, Directv Stream et al do.

Even if it has a bit of "live" content it is not showing the same cable/satellite channel bundles via a slightly different delivery method like Sling TV, Directv Stream et al do.
True..once verizon dumped it..its just staggering along

ok it's doubtful that DTV will launch more birds let alone come up with new boxes for sat service.. it's more doubtful with everyone leaving. what will be interesting is to see how many flock back once these streaming services cost as much as a cable or sat package!!! i heard that TGP wants out because they didn't know how bad ATT f**ked it up ( speculation ) how in the hell could they not know that!!!
They knew exactly what they were getting into ....
ATT is what they strive for to help out struggling companies and make money doing it.

You can still receive Sunday Ticket ....
Hit the buttons on your remote or pick up the phone.
This is what I did, called DTV, asked for loyalty department, they gave me NFL ST Max free for 2022, haven't paid for it the past 3 or 4 years, been with them since 2006 though, not sure if that matters.

This is what I did, called DTV, asked for loyalty department, they gave me NFL ST Max free for 2022, haven't paid for it the past 3 or 4 years, been with them since 2006 though, not sure if that matters.
So, what are you trying to say ?

You've got it for free, you like it enough to watch it, when its Free ... but once you don't get it free, you complain that you can't get it ?

I told you that you Could get it, you just don't want to pay for it ....

I don't want to pay for a lot of things, but you know what, if I don't pay I don't get.

I think I have had it free for quit awhile now as well, much longer than your talking, but if I was not offered it free, I would still pay for it. (I try not to tell people that.)

Next year, I will pay for it, one way or the other .... IF they ever decide who wants it ...

I'm hoping it goes to Prime seeing I'm already a Prime member.

I find I much prefer watching the Prime Vision stream, I was wishing it was available watching the Chiefs game last night.

Combine that with something like the Manning cast (or other alternate audios breaking down the things that view gives you compared to broadcast) and it would be the perfect viewing experience (for me) until AR, lol.

Nope. But the original press release said some games would be on ESPN+. Didn’t say all would be
*does google search*
Yeah it looks like only 6 games out of the 17 will also be available on ESPN+, of course those games were/will also be on ABC at the same time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.