DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
And still correct. It unstated if it will be predicated or not. Simply that YTTV will be one predication. The app will almost always be likewise.

But you do the math. Why would they sell it to you AT A LOSS if you can buy it, and nothing else, from them?

You answer that question.

• Haha
Reactions: meStevo and Bruce
And still correct. It unstated if it will be predicated or not. Simply that YTTV will be one predication. The app will almost always be likewise.

But you do the math. Why would they sell it to you AT A LOSS if you can buy it, and nothing else, from them?

You answer that question.
Which part of ala carte and stand-alone is unclear? And what makes you think it will be at a loss? If they can get 10 million subs they can sell it for $200 and break even. And for the record, that is a guess. We have no idea what pricing will be like though past conjecture was that it would be similar to DTV's.

So at $300/year it would take a bit less than 7 million subs and since the pool of subs is exponentially higher than DTV's, that's not a real stretch.

Honestly, that was fine until today. Everyone was guessing and certainly entitled to their opinions, but we now have facts and ignoring them is pretty damn childish.
Right? Guess I need to return the Tesla I apparently can't afford and look to downsize from my 3000 sqft house that I own because I'm * checks notes * too cheap to get DirecTV - while miraculously receiving all of the programming I want.

Which part of ala carte and stand-alone is unclear? And what makes you think it will be at a loss? If they can get 10 million subs they can sell it for $200 and break even. And for the record, that is a guess. We have no idea what pricing will be like though past conjecture was that it would be similar to DTV's.

So at $300/year it would take a bit less than 7 million subs and since the pool of subs is exponentially higher than DTV's, that's not a real stretch.
But only 2 million want the service

Right? Guess I need to return the Tesla I apparently can't afford and look to downsize from my 3000 sqft house that I own because I'm * checks notes * too cheap to get DirecTV - while miraculously receiving all of the programming I want.
Well, I have a Mach E and have a 4500sq ft house and that means I am too cheap also to get DirecTV.

I also retired at 52 and have two Labradors and those are other reasons why I do not have DirecTV or another Traditional Provider.

Well, that's a dealbreaker for me.
Me too, I hate using apps.

Reactions: meStevo
I'm just about ready to break a few forum rules but I'll hold off for now.
2 million has been the number for years and years...who knows maybe that number could double but doubtful..its not reasonably priced like MLBtv or NHL or NBA...$100 bucks or so would be a good price but $300 is too high for most

Not official but I talked to a friend who still works for DirecTV and he was told they are keeping the Sunday Ticket for Commercial Customers only.

So take it with a grain of salt.

Reactions: meStevo
Not official but I talked to a friend who still works for DirecTV and he was told they are keeping the Sunday Ticket for Commercial Customers only.

So take it with a grain of salt.

As I said, I know you have sources, but it was a bit confusing when you said it was definite. I can't imagine why they'd use anyone else, but thanks for clarifying.

I want to see that 10 million subs. If they get 10 million subs to NFL Sunday Ticket that would be amazing. But I don't think they have that many that will sub to it. Perhaps it will double. It would be interesting to see what the most amount of subs Directv had with the Sunday Ticket. I guess if it doubles they will be happy. I don't know.

I want to see that 10 million subs. If they get 10 million subs to NFL Sunday Ticket that would be amazing. But I don't think they have that many that will sub to it. Perhaps it will double. It would be interesting to see what the most amount of subs Directv had with the Sunday Ticket. I guess if it doubles they will be happy. I don't know.
As I said...it was just a guess but I don't think it's a huge stretch. There is literally no barrier to getting the package besides good internet. DTV, by most reports, has about 2 million subs

Yeah, no idea if it could hit 10 or more million subs, but it will be significantly more than whatever DirecTV is at now.
Google might be able to make money on ST with 7 million subs (depending on their overhead). But will they be able to get that many? I guess we'll see if being on DirectTV held back ST's growth.

Google might be able to make money on ST with 7 million subs (depending on their overhead). But will they be able to get that many? I guess we'll see if being on DirectTV held back ST's growth.

Could probably make their money back and then some with much less based on the number that become YTTV subs or participate in other parts of the ecosystem. It will drive advertising revenue and other revenue generating opportunities, it will expose more to both the TV service as well as the al a carte offerings at Youtube Primetime and I wonder if there are additional benefits that could be available to creators on the platform. The deal includes some other branding sponsorships as well, so programming isn't the only thing they're getting out of this.

Personally I wasn't even aware they'd rebranded their movie/TV channel services as Primetime Channels, I aggregate most of those things on Amazon though and add/remove channels as needed. Either way I already have hundreds of pieces of content there thanks to Google purchases and MoviesAnywhere.

Seeing its been established that the ST can get people at $300 a year ...
IF it does go to Google You tube, you tube tv is currently at $65 a month x 5 months, thats another $325 so your looking at about $600 for the ST per year and you know both those numbers will only go UP as the years go by.

Wondering if you have to have a particular level of package with YT if they get it.
I don't have YT, but I presume they have various levels of programming.

Only Positive is its Streaming, so I would think you can activate it in September and turn it off in January, I would hope.
It looks like it'll be available as a add-on to YTTV, and also as a standalone as part of YouTube Premium Channels, which is where you can buy a movie, or Tv show, like that, so I guess you won't need YTTV.

So someone just posted this online.
If you’ve got a TV pulling broadcast signals from OTA, it’s completely legal to show a Football game in your bar.
If
  • You don’t charge an admission or cover fee,
  • The bar or restaurant in question has less than 3750 square feet of space,
  • No more than four screens are showing the broadcast, and
  • None of the televisions are larger than 55 inches.

So someone just posted this online.
If you’ve got a TV pulling broadcast signals from OTA, it’s completely legal to show a Football game in your bar.
If
  • You don’t charge an admission or cover fee,
  • The bar or restaurant in question has less than 3750 square feet of space,
  • No more than four screens are showing the broadcast, and
  • None of the televisions are larger than 55 inches.
I am sure there are limits, but any commercial use without the proper licensing is a very big risk.

Looking forward to the first Sunday where I will be watching the Scott Hanson (prefer Siciliano though) RedZone channel on DirecTv while reading all the complaints on Twitter from those paying $300 and are blacked out from the 3 games shown locally that day, and how they either need to switch to their antenna or subscribe to YouTube TV, Paramount Plus, or some other service with local channels to watch those games.

Reactions: JUCJ85
Status
Please reply by conversation.