DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Looking forward to the first Sunday where I will be watching the Scott Hanson (prefer Siciliano though) RedZone channel on DirecTv while reading all the complaints on Twitter from those paying $300 and are blacked out from the 3 games shown locally that day, and how they either need to switch to their antenna or subscribe to YouTube TV, Paramount Plus, or some other service with local channels to watch those games.
Same here, also look forward to those complaining on Twitter about no discounts towards NFL ST.

Edit: They may have to get the NFL+ app/subscription, I have it cause DTV lost my local FOX, been since the 49ers/Chiefs game, no FOX for me. Yet it wants me to sign in with my TV provider to watch. maybe I'm just missing something, or doing something wrong.
Why would I buy DTV just to tell Youtube to screw? That would be a waste of money.
Cause YTTV doesn't have all channels for everyone, like they don't have YES Network, I'll be keeping my DTV & getting the standalone NFL ST from YouTube/Google, not paying $65 plus what I pay for DTV plus NFL ST price. YTTV is not appealing to me.

Same here, also look forward to those complaining on Twitter about no discounts towards NFL ST.

Cause YTTV doesn't have all channels for everyone, like they don't have YES Network, I'll be keeping my DTV & getting the standalone NFL ST from YouTube/Google, not paying $65 plus what I pay for DTV plus NFL ST price. YTTV is not appealing to me.
I have everything I want on Comcast that I had the few years I have DTV. Plus no rain fade. The only reason I left years back was for the Yes blackout but I have that again. To me DTV just wasn't worth the hassle.

I have everything I want on Comcast that I had the few years I have DTV. Plus no rain fade. The only reason I left years back was for the Yes blackout but I have that again. To me DTV just wasn't worth the hassle.
I get that, the only TV providers here are either DISH, DIRECTV, or Spectrum, and I refuse to go Cable, I've had more issues with them than I ever have with DTV, my satellite hardly ever goes out, rain doesn't effect it much, snow never, plus I have pretty much every streaming provider that is out there.

HBO Max, Paramount+, Discovery+, Hulu, ESPN+, Disney+, Netflix, Peacock, Prime Video, and only reason for not dropping TV is the YES Network issue, plus my family likes regular TV, eventually when streaming services get all the networks, than I'll switch to streaming, till then, I'm fine with my DTV, which isn't as expensive as people make it out to be, only reason mine is high is because I have NFL ST(no more now), NBA LP, & NHL CI(I live in NY but the Rangers get blacked out in Albany NY area whenever the Sabres are on, Buffalo takes priority for some reason, despite the fact MSG has enough channels for NYR, NYI, BUF, & NJ NHL teams)

I get that, the only TV providers here are either DISH, DIRECTV, or Spectrum, and I refuse to go Cable, I've had more issues with them than I ever have with DTV, my satellite hardly ever goes out, rain doesn't effect it much, snow never, plus I have pretty much every streaming provider that is out there.

HBO Max, Paramount+, Discovery+, Hulu, ESPN+, Disney+, Netflix, Peacock, Prime Video, and only reason for not dropping TV is the YES Network issue, plus my family likes regular TV, eventually when streaming services get all the networks, than I'll switch to streaming, till then, I'm fine with my DTV, which isn't as expensive as people make it out to be, only reason mine is high is because I have NFL ST(no more now), NBA LP, & NHL CI(I live in NY but the Rangers get blacked out in Albany NY area whenever the Sabres are on, Buffalo takes priority for some reason, despite the fact MSG has enough channels for NYR, NYI, BUF, & NJ NHL teams)
I've never understood how they control the blackouts. In parts of CT they block MSG for NBC Sports Boston, even know they are both considered the same DMA in CT.

Prasad says that the league wants YouTube to offer Sunday Ticket at an “accessible” price point. “YouTube has the freedom to price the product the way they think the market wants it,” he says.

And the company’s experience in video distribution is a factor as well. The league has made a point of wanting to expand its reach through technology and alternate broadcasts, be that the Manningcast on ESPN2, or Amazon’s X-Ray technology.

It expects nothing less of YouTube.

“I think that was a core part of the appeal of YouTube,” Prasad said. “They have a history of scaled video distribution. They have a history of innovation in both vertical format and horizontal format video, you look at what they’ve done most recently with the launch of YouTube shorts. So I think there’s going to be a tremendous amount coming in terms of innovation and new features around football.”

Well, YouTube has the freedom to price the product the way they think the market wants it.
Do they also have the ability to sell it for less than the $300+ that D* had to sell it for ?

Do they have the ability to sell individual teams ?

They have the Freedom to price the way they see fit .

Reactions: AZ.
Do they also have the ability to sell it for less than the $300+ that D* had to sell it for ?

Do they have the ability to sell individual teams ?

They have the Freedom to price the way they see fit .

Not sure about the required price point, those are all 2nd hand reports and not what is actually in the deal(s), so we'll have to wait and see.

I think we can expect some changes and flexibility in packages, we'll have to see what they come up with as far as offerings. At the very least think we'll see a lower priced YTTV addon, and then a standard season-long offering a la carte. Beyond that? Wait and see for now.

I've never understood how they control the blackouts. In parts of CT they block MSG for NBC Sports Boston, even know they are both considered the same DMA in CT.
It's weird, I had DTV out the other day to fix a cable that I accidentally broke, I got my foot caught on it, and ripped it out, anyway, I would stream the games through the DTV app, I tried one game, said it was blacked out, yet I live in Albany NY, then on top of that, every Rangers game is on the MSG Go App, as long as you're in NY & have a TV provider, works for every game on MSG, so messed up.

So someone just posted this online.
If you’ve got a TV pulling broadcast signals from OTA, it’s completely legal to show a Football game in your bar.
If
  • You don’t charge an admission or cover fee,
  • The bar or restaurant in question has less than 3750 square feet of space,
  • No more than four screens are showing the broadcast, and
  • None of the televisions are larger than 55 inches.

I really doubt they still enforce those rules that were put into place over 30 years ago IIRC.

Realistically there aren't any places that only have OTA. If you have cable or satellite you are paying for OTA, and no one is going to care if you choose to get your signals you're legally entitled to show without those restrictions via OTA rather than via cable/satellite.

There isn't even a point to pulling in signals via OTA, with all the subchannels you no longer get the better picture you used to get when the full or almost full bandwidth was devoted to the HD channel, versus the more compressed satellite picture. Cable TV usually packs two OTA per QAM (or at least my cable TV provider does) so no additional compression is required, so the PQ is identical between cable and OTA.

Not official but I talked to a friend who still works for DirecTV and he was told they are keeping the Sunday Ticket for Commercial Customers only.

So take it with a grain of salt.
I have a friend who works there also and she said the opposite. They are hoping to work out a deal for the commercial rights but the same problem remains with regards to weather they came even just break even on it. The hope is that they can work something in with the new NFL Network contract next year But she confirmed 100% there is no commercial home for Sunday ticket next season as of right now

I think we can expect some changes and flexibility in packages, we'll have to see what they come up with as far as offerings. At the very least think we'll see a lower priced YTTV addon, and then a standard season-long offering a la carte. Beyond that? Wait and see for now.

YTTV is well known for the variety of it offerings, not.

They have only one channel package. Why would they create multiple ST offerings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YTTV is well known for the variety of it offerings, not.

They have only one channel package. Why would they create multiple ST offerings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have faith that Google knows what they are doing, now with the news that they can price it the way they wish, gives them flexibility to try different things that DirecTV could not.

And having a simple one package for YTTV has allowed them to grow their TV service to over 5 million subscribers in a short time, half of the Satellite side of DirecTV.

The plus for Google and YTTV, it shows you can do a less expensive Live TV service that people want and do it without those legacy cost, installs, boxes, sending someone to a home if something is wrong, etc.

And you can do add ons like Traditional Providers, movie channels, other sports packages, etc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.