Directv Video On Demand (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!
Status
Please reply by conversation.

datboy

Sep 23, 2010
philly
I have two hddvrs one in Florida and the next one at my second home in Abaco,Bahamas.In Florida i get Video On Demand but im wondering if i connect my receiver thats in the Bahamas to the internet if directv wil be able to figure out that's where it is via the ip address and shut my service off.Any help is appreciated.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
I have two hddvrs one in Florida and the next one at my second home in Abaco,Bahamas.In Florida i get Video On Demand but im wondering if i connect my receiver thats in the Bahamas to the internet if directv wil be able to figure out that's where it is via the ip address and shut my service off.Any help is appreciated.

Could they see your IP address, sure.
Will they ? No clue.

When ever people ask about recvrs off premise, I always remind them, No land line plugged in, No internet into the recvr.
Either of these and D* may be able to find you.

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
Suppose to be getting VOD without the need of Internet connection in the near future.

goober22

SatelliteGuys Pro
No. So far, it is totally based on your service address. IP has nothing to do with it. Besides, with proxies and corp accounts (tunneling), it would be hard for D* to enforce service based on IP ranges.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts