Directv Video On Demand

Status
Please reply by conversation.

datboy

Original poster
Sep 23, 2010
philly
I have two hddvrs one in Florida and the next one at my second home in Abaco,Bahamas.In Florida i get Video On Demand but im wondering if i connect my receiver thats in the Bahamas to the internet if directv wil be able to figure out that's where it is via the ip address and shut my service off.Any help is appreciated.

I have two hddvrs one in Florida and the next one at my second home in Abaco,Bahamas.In Florida i get Video On Demand but im wondering if i connect my receiver thats in the Bahamas to the internet if directv wil be able to figure out that's where it is via the ip address and shut my service off.Any help is appreciated.

Could they see your IP address, sure.
Will they ? No clue.

When ever people ask about recvrs off premise, I always remind them, No land line plugged in, No internet into the recvr.
Either of these and D* may be able to find you.

Suppose to be getting VOD without the need of Internet connection in the near future.

No. So far, it is totally based on your service address. IP has nothing to do with it. Besides, with proxies and corp accounts (tunneling), it would be hard for D* to enforce service based on IP ranges.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)