DirecTV vs Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
what are the main channels on dish that directv doesn't have that draw you to pay for both, been considering both, would you mind breaking down what packages/ extras you have for both.
what are the main channels on dish that directv doesn't have that draw you to pay for both, been considering both, would you mind breaking down what packages/ extras you have for both.

With direct tv: MSG, SNY, Yes network, NHL, NFL, MLB and expanded tennis coverage. Dish does have an NHL package but has no MSG..Hockey coverage is poor compared to direct. Its a treat to watch all my Ny sports living in South Florida in glorious HD.

With dish: 3 Epix channels all in HD. More premium channels....More cable channels.

With direct I have the classic choice package-i think it was discontinued???I kept it.

With dish i have everything pack. Everything offered with dish. I also have the French Bouquet package with world news.

I prefer dish equipment
However, every time my wife goes to bed dish quickly gets flipped to direct.
I personally think the HD on direc is a tad better.
Cant seem to help myself-I love the sports programming.

I would love a merger-I could save some bucks!

I doubt you'll save money with a merger since they won't be competition other than cable, uverse and fios, and non of those compare to the big 2 sats.

and for some of us, no competition as we don't have access to cable, uverse or fios

As close as they are price wise there really isn't much point, IMO, to consider Dish.

I do think Dish has, overall, better gear. Only slightly though.

D* picture quality and sports.

I have had both because both providers are varying some channels the other don't have like the Hopper about if not a little better with fact they have sling and the Genie doesn't and Hopper is a little faster but not much but like DirecTV guide and pq is betterbut not by much and better it shows so much more like all people in the show and future shows in that 1 spot but if you like sports and I do DirecTV is for you but for other things Dish would be better but as far as negotiations for channels DirecTV is better in keeping them on whereas Dish pulls them fast and I have been treated great by both though DirecTV does give me bigger discounts on programming than Dish does and I have been with Dish a lot longer!!! imo :)

I haven't seen a run-on sentence like that since high school, LOL!

Dish does not offer HD for life. If I were to consider a switch to Dish, this may stop me.

I've had both and it depends. If you're a big sports fan then I'd say directv. If you like movies more then Dish would fit you better. When we had direct our picture went out more in rain storms . I haven't used the Genie so I can't comment on that . I do however love the hopper. I miss the full time RSN's that direct has.

Direct has a better referral program that I will say.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

To me there's no difference between the two, price wise (besides Welcome Package and Smart Pack) and programming, other than receivers, streaming capabilities and features.

The ffl offer I am sure will come back.
Would actually stun me if it didn't.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
It may, but I wouldn't hold my breath ....

when it was offered, it was hoped that others would follow suit, since then, many have went with the 2 year free plan instead, thus they make a ton more money once that 2 years is up.

To me, it doesn't matter, its mainlt a $120 discount per year, if I pay for my HD and they give me a $ 120 discount for something else, theres really no difference.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)