DIRECTV Will Raise Prices Next Month

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The link for RSN fee worked several days ago.My bill went up about $11, of which a little over $7 was for Fox Sports AZ. The only way to eliminate the RSN fee was to drop to the lowest package.... $53.99. Which I did.
The link doesn't appear to be working now.

directv, sneaky sneaky slime!

ARSTECHNICA has an article about the directv rsn fee (and they include a zip code rsn fee check link that works unlike the directv one from their pricing flyer that now redirects to a different page rather than just have text to say check your fee):

https://arstechnica.com/information...s-fees-vary-wildly-nonsensically-by-zip-code/

turns out all my neighboring zip codes have the same rsn's as I do but pay 0.00 fee or a fee about half of what I pay. I guess they figure some people in my zip code are wealthy (not me!) so they won't mind paying the fee and double what most others in the city pay.

they are already overcharging my RSN fee (went from 0 to 5.83 and the flyer said the max increase was going to be 2.56 month).

I suppose I should write my state's AG consumer protection division with all my research and see what they say about the rsn fee overcharging and the inconsistent fee application, apparently targeting wealthy areas while poorer areas aren't charged a rsn fee for getting the same 2 RSN's I get.

Reactions: IcEWoLF

ARSTECHNICA has an article about the directv rsn fee (and they include a zip code rsn fee check link that works unlike the directv one from their pricing flyer that now redirects to a different page rather than just have text to say check your fee):

https://arstechnica.com/information...s-fees-vary-wildly-nonsensically-by-zip-code/

turns out all my neighboring zip codes have the same rsn's as I do but pay 0.00 fee or a fee about half of what I pay. I guess they figure some people in my zip code are wealthy (not me!) so they won't mind paying the fee and double what most others in the city pay.

they are already overcharging my RSN fee (went from 0 to 5.83 and the flyer said the max increase was going to be 2.56 month).

I suppose I should write my state's AG consumer protection division with all my research and see what they say about the rsn fee overcharging and the inconsistent fee application, apparently targeting wealthy areas while poorer areas aren't charged a rsn fee for getting the same 2 RSN's I get.
I just tried about 5 area zip codes here and the RSN fee was the same .... a whopping $7.29 p/m

You know what I hate? Me paying extra for their sports package and NBA league pass and still have to pay this dumb fee...it's retarded how directv fees add up, fees is how they make their monies.

You know what I hate? Me paying extra for their sports package and NBA league pass and still have to pay this dumb fee...it's retarded how directv fees add up, fees is how they make their monies.
And Dish use to be the Fee company... D* saw how well it worked for them and implemented it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)