DIRECTV Will Raise Prices Next Month

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I also wish they would offer existing customers an option to move to the all-in pricing packages, if for nothing else, the simplicity of understanding.

Give people one price to pick a package with up to 4 rooms, with all the technology fees included. They've been doing it for new accounts for upwards of 2 years, and it makes total sense.
My bill reads like it was regulated over 100 years of congress addressing tax code. I believe that if you showed it to a dozen people, 11 wouldn't understand half of it.

Reactions: nvguy38
I'm okay with increases but average $6 increase per package and rsn is just stupid, I understand a $2 to $3 increase but this is absolutely crap. Anyways this September my contract expires, I still have some discounts but I'm looking at dish and their two year pricing unless DIRECTV is willing to provide some discounts.
Only reason I sub to DIRECTV is for Sunday Ticket.

Only down side would be that I would lose unlimited data on my cell for my family plan and that would really suck.

I'm okay with increases but average $6 increase per package and rsn is just stupid, I understand a $2 to $3 increase but this is absolutely crap. Anyways this September my contract expires, I still have some discounts but I'm looking at dish and their two year pricing unless DIRECTV is willing to provide some discounts.
Only reason I sub to DIRECTV is for Sunday Ticket.

Only down side would be that I would lose unlimited data on my cell for my family plan and that would really suck.
Your already getting discounts and you want more to stay ?

While I agree the price increases the last few years have been ridiculous ... your gonna go to dish, prices are about the same with dish and you lose the ability to watch the Sunday Ticket.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about price increases. You can switch companies but you'll be facing the same dilemma sooner or later. In the big picture the prices will generally even out so we need to choose our favorite platform (packages and equipment) and just roll with it.

I am currently on Direct and my contract will expire in April. New customers always get a better deal so I am looking at going to Dish. Does anyone know how long you have to be disconnected from Direct TV to be considered a new customer?

I am currently on Direct and my contract will expire in April. New customers always get a better deal so I am looking at going to Dish. Does anyone know how long you have to be disconnected from Direct TV to be considered a new customer?

might not save any money
dish no longer has 'deals' when you sign up
my price would have gone up if i switched, same number of boxex, equivalent package

I am referring to the new Dish Flex Pack(skinny bundle) for $39.99. It doesn't have quite as many channels as my Direct select package but it has every channel (except for 1) that I watch.

When I checked DTV.com , I noticed that the package I have shows a 6.00 $ price increase under the package, on the package's page.

PS: my bill is $91.99, however when I check under change package it says 97.99 $ for ultimate, which is the one I have.

I have Total Choice - no locals, no HD, no premium. It is over $96 a month for 2 receivers. I started out at $29 a month. So it has tripled since I started and actually I now have fewer channels (most of the channels are crappy shopping channels - does anyone even look at hose any more?) I only want ESPN, Fox News and Sports and the Weather Channel. I could do without everything else. Unfortunately there is no broadband option where I live other than thru the cell phone or satellite so streaming is not really an option. Any suggestions?

I have Total Choice - no locals, no HD, no premium. It is over $96 a month for 2 receivers. I started out at $29 a month. So it has tripled since I started and actually I now have fewer channels (most of the channels are crappy shopping channels - does anyone even look at hose any more?) I only want ESPN, Fox News and Sports and the Weather Channel. I could do without everything else. Unfortunately there is no broadband option where I live other than thru the cell phone or satellite so streaming is not really an option. Any suggestions?
How do you not have locals in your package?

If you have AT&T coverage in your area you can look into Cricket's unlimited plan. It is capped at 8mbs which is enough for HD and sign up for Vue or something and give it a try. I'd move my number to Google Voice or similar service and use forwarding so the cricket number is throwaway.

I use it on vacation for a several months at a time while we are on the road. Rooted, hotspot on my nexus 6p. Works great, never had issues with them and data used. Can't do much else while it is going though, simple browsing is ok though usually.

If you have AT&T coverage in your area you can look into Cricket's unlimited plan. It is capped at 8mbs which is enough for HD and sign up for Vue or something and give it a try. I'd move my number to Google Voice or similar service and use forwarding so the cricket number is throwaway.

I use it on vacation for a several months at a time while we are on the road. Rooted, hotspot on my nexus 6p. Works great, never had issues with them and data used. Can't do much else while it is going though, simple browsing is ok though usually.
I checked with AT&T. There is not coverage in my area. I am not in a remote area, but I am in a hole when it comes to internet and cable coverage. I do get great OTA!

I get my locals OTA. I get over 70 channels and subchannels OTA. I would only get 6 local channels thru D*. I do not need the locals thru D* (saves $3 per month).
How long have you had your current package? I didn't think a delete option had been available for a long time.

How long have you had your current package? I didn't think a delete option had been available for a long time.
You're on the right track, as Total Choice hasn't been available in a long time either.

I too once had Total Choice no locals. Going without locals saved $3/month.

At one point they no longer offered the option but grandfathered people on it. Just throwing a guess on timing but something like 2010-2012 range.

I always found it odd, you would only save $3 by dropping your locals, but when you had the option it cost more than $ 3 to have them.

Is the DIRECTV RSN Fee site working for anyone:

https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/rsn_fee

All I get is text that says "Check your regional sports fee.". I do not get a zip code entry box that is supposed to calculate for me what my fee is and what RSN's I get.

I think I'm being overbilled by DIRECTV as I only get 2 RSN's and the RSN billed fee of $5.83 exceeds the $2.56x2 that is the maximum increase per their 2017 price increase flyer. My bill never had a RSN fee until the 2017 price increase went into effect so my maximum RSN fee should be $5.12 IMHO ($0 charge to the maximum increase of $2.56 per RSN). I'm trying to use the DIRECTV RSN fee site to confirm the RSNs and the fees but it's not working.

Is the DIRECTV RSN Fee site working for anyone:

https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/rsn_fee

All I get is text that says "Check your regional sports fee.". I do not get a zip code entry box that is supposed to calculate for me what my fee is and what RSN's I get.

I think I'm being overbilled by DIRECTV as I only get 2 RSN's and the RSN billed fee of $5.83 exceeds the $2.56x2 that is the maximum increase per their 2017 price increase flyer. My bill never had a RSN fee until the 2017 price increase went into effect so my maximum RSN fee should be $5.12 IMHO ($0 charge to the maximum increase of $2.56 per RSN). I'm trying to use the DIRECTV RSN fee site to confirm the RSNs and the fees but it's not working.

Tried it in edge and chrome, no luck getting the site to load.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts