DirecTV won't let me dump T.C.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

K4LK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
I subscribe to TC, the HD pack and subscribed to NFL ST last season. Today, I tried to dump TC, keep the HD pack and the automatic renewal to NFL ST. They claimed I must have a basic sub for the NFL ST. They tried to sell me a 5$ discount for 6 months if I recommitted to TC (fat chance) or a TC Limited pack for $31. I talked with a super for 1/2 hour and got nowhere. I am real close to dumping all D* programming until football season. I guess they'd rather have no income from me than $11 per month (for the HD pack).

Thanks for letting me rant.
Dana

yes, Dish Network is the only satellite provider of the big 3 that lets you have the say just locals and HD, but they charge you an extra fee of around $5/month for the little programming you get. with D* you must subscribe to at least TC. I would take the deal, because if you come back later you will get hit with lots of fees to reactivate.

The only programming you can have without a package is NFL ST (they consider that a package)

Otherwise, Dish is the only one who allows you to get programming and not a package (all I have is locals + FOX)
There is a $5 surcharge

If you signed up last year as a customer you probably signed a contract agreeing to a 1 year subscription to Total Choice. After fulfilling your 1 year contract you should be able to drop to just the NFL Sunday ticket, but beyond that Total Choice Limited is the absolute minimum package and that is only available as a retention tool.

That is not true about Directv, at least not in the past. I at one time had only the local channels and no other channels.

So you mean to tell me that if someone that has never had DirecTv before wanted NFL Sunday Ticket that they would be forced to paying for Total Choice Limited for a year as well? Seems like a hefty price for those only wanting NFL Sunday Ticket on DirecTv.

Stargazer said:
So you mean to tell me that if someone that has never had DirecTv before wanted NFL Sunday Ticket that they would be forced to paying for Total Choice Limited for a year as well? Seems like a hefty price for those only wanting NFL Sunday Ticket on DirecTv.

No, you can get NFL ticket by itself. I currently have only the NFL ticket with nothing else. Been like that for 3 years already

ramy said:
That is not true about Directv, at least not in the past. I at one time had only the local channels and no other channels.

at one time, that is the way it was.
Now, new customers must get Total Choice as a minimum (unless you have NFL ST)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)