DIRECTV10 Listed on Lyngsat

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What I want to is, how on earth does Ny20's website work, how does it know where these crafts are??? wow.

They obviously employ some extremely smart people who can do long division in their sleep. Me, I can't even balance my checkbook! :D

But I am sure there is a database that lists the coordinates (either actual, planned, or en route) for every orbiting unit. Can you imagine the mayhem of trying to launch a spacecraft and just "hoping" that there is nothing else in the way once it gets there. :eek:

I have been looking at the satellite tracking site LIVE REAL TIME SATELLITE AND SPACE SHUTTLE TRACKING since the launch and I am really confused with the track the satellite is taking. One hour it is at 22K miles high then it drops down to 5K, the speed goes from 3K to 15K mph, it is all over the globe.

Anybody know when it is projected to reach its temporary parking slot of 102.6 degrees West Longitude and why it has to take this circuitous route to reach this location?

Watching the real time page. That thing is speeding up. I love information. I just think its so cool you can have this kind of information at your fingertips.

It's not the sign - apogee must be equal to perigee and inclination must be 0.
[You pick secondary level parameter ;)]

Dude you just engineered everyone out of the room. Only mentioned in progress. Dont even know what you are getting at. That there is a better technical term with in progress. That we should avoid the word parking if not in geosynchronous orbit? Pray tell what should we use in layman's terms? :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)