DirecTV2PC Issues & Feedback

During the inital testing the word was simply "no plan" for two monitors.

Obviously could change, but as of now, I wouldn't expect it.

Hi, guys...

I'm running the national release of DirecTV2PC on my machine, and on some programs, I'm getting the dreaded "audio is protected." For sound, I have a SB X-Fi Xtreme Music card, using analog connections to my speakers. Any thoughts as to why I'm having "protection" issues? When running the playback advisor, I did get an error that my monitor is not HDCP compliant, and I haven't had a chance to swap my DVI for VGA (ick), but I wouldn't think that would have caused audio protection problems, would it?

Chris

I have been using the Direct2PC software for a few hours now and so far the only issues I have had is I am getting a 503 Error when trying to view a program that was recorded off my AM21 over the air local CBS station. Server returns "503 Service Unavailable". Direc2pc could not play the content. and my only option is to select close and select another program for viewing. After that error pops up then I get an audio problem where the next program I play no volume sounds until I adjusts the volume control up or down. Then the volume returns.
See the attached image of the error.

Error 503.png

All in all really cool.

Greg

DTV to pc

A few months ago someone here told me of a company that sells a box that will hook up to hd/dvr and then to home pc but for the life of me I can't remember the companies name. Can anyone help? Or if there is another way to watch the shows on my home DVR which is Oklahoma from a PC in Texas I would be most greatful. Thank You

A few months ago someone here told me of a company that sells a box that will hook up to hd/dvr and then to home pc but for the life of me I can't remember the companies name. Can anyone help? Or if there is another way to watch the shows on my home DVR which is Oklahoma from a PC in Texas I would be most greatful. Thank You
A slingbox

My issue is with the requiring a new key each time you reinstall or upgrade your install of the application. I don't understand why i can't use the same key I have used on another install to reinstall or upgrade what I have. I installed Win 7 RC on my system and now I am dead in the water cause I can't get another key sent to me. I have been trying for over a day now with no luck. This not being able to reuse a key is nuts.

Finally got a key to an unused email address of mine. Got it going. Using Windows 7 RC right now. About to play back a file to see how it goes.

Won't play (edited: pretty much no files play) so far. "DIRECTV2PC cannot display this video because your graphics card does not currently support screen capture protection for protected content. Try updating your graphics card driver or modify your driver settings." I have the latest drivers according to NVIDIA's site and I don't know how to modify driver settings.

Last edited:
My issue is with the requiring a new key each time you reinstall or upgrade your install of the application. I don't understand why i can't use the same key I have used on another install to reinstall or upgrade what I have. I installed Win 7 RC on my system and now I am dead in the water cause I can't get another key sent to me. I have been trying for over a day now with no luck. This not being able to reuse a key is nuts.

I was able to reinstall program with same key with no problems..

From what I understand, you are one of the few folks who can. Even when I was just doing an upgrade on the same OS without doing anything else to the system, it wouldn't let me. Now, I know that every time you change OS's or reinstall your OS I am fairly sure you won't be able to use the same key. Its a flaw that is causing a LOT of people problems.

Can we get the D2PC5102 to work with two DVR? If so how do I do it? When I instulled the app it sees both DVRs but I can only use it for one at a time. Inorder to change to the other DVR I had to re-install the app and select the other DVR.

Thanks,
Greg

Can we get the D2PC5102 to work with two DVR? If so how do I do it? When I instulled the app it sees both DVRs but I can only use it for one at a time. Inorder to change to the other DVR I had to re-install the app and select the other DVR.

Thanks,
Greg

No need to reinstall. Just hit menu, then system setup, then pick receiver to change which DVR you're connected to.

Thanks, I am only seeing one DVR in that list and the arror buttons are grayed out. even though in the inital setup the app seen both DVR's.

Thanks,
Greg

Thanks, I am only seeing one DVR in that list and the arror buttons are grayed out. even though in the inital setup the app seen both DVR's.

Thanks,
Greg

The arrows will be grayed out - you have to click on the receiver which should then bring up both receivers.

Is there anyway to get more than just 2 serial numbers?

Just go back to the main download page and re-go thru the process as if your downloading for the first time. As soon as you hit the DL button the system should send you an email with another key. I then just cancelled the DL. At least that worked for me as I use a multi-boot system for testing purposes and actually have 3 keys, one for each version of OS, Vista x32/Vista x64/Win 7 RC :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts