directv2pc

Status
Please reply by conversation.

garyg007

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 14, 2009
North east Ohio
I am running windows xp/sp2 on Sun's virtualbox virtual machine manager on a LINUX operating system. Directv2pc installed without any problem;
I have an HR21 DVR;
I can ping the DVR from XP, but directv2pc cannot find the DVR.

Any suggestions?

Gary

I am running windows xp/sp2 on Sun's virtualbox virtual machine manager on a LINUX operating system. Directv2pc installed without any problem;
I have an HR21 DVR;
I can ping the DVR from XP, but directv2pc cannot find the DVR.

Any suggestions?

Gary

Mine was working fine but I tried to use it this morning and it just sits there trying to find a receiver. I don't really care about it because once my receivers are updated with the MRV I wouldn't use the Directv2pc feature anyways.

Mine was running off windows XP but on my laptop. Everything worked fine until today when I went to view it and got the same thing as you. Our situations are not the same but the end result is the same. Which to me it seems like it's on their end and not ours. I could be totally wrong and most of the time I am...lol

Is the VM network adapter setup as bridged or NAT'd behind your PC's real IP? I would think you would want it bridged so the adapter is on the same network as the HR21 and can respond to broadcasts/multicasts.

Thanks for the reply, jhaifley; the VM network adapter is setup as .NAT.

I'll see if I can get "briged" to work. Had some problems with it first time I tried, (don't remember what they were)

MARK: I completely lost network connection to the HR21 since the last time I tried to use it (more than a month ago). Instructions all say to use the "top" ethernet connection - number 1 - which I was using; Well it looks like Dtv screwed something up with one of their updates; It is the ethernet-2 connection that works now ---- try changing the ethernet cable to the bottom jack on your HR21.

jhaifley --- Changed to Bridge networking, and the stb is found ok.; Now all I have to do is figureout if I can get the virtual machine graphics adaptor to handle the protected content.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Gary

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)