DirectvNow First inpressions

dplantz

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2004
Roslindale, Ma
I signed up for DirectvNow this morning. It works better than Sling TV did. Stream is clear and works well on my iMac, Apple TV, and iPhone. I got it mostly for travel and to see if it could replace my DishNetwork subscription. The Apple TV app works well, but is missing a back to the last channel and forward channel button. The channel change is very fast. I need more streaming a few more channels not available and DVR for it to be a contender to replace Cable or Sat TV. Also local channels would be nice. It should take off once the DVR function and Roku support launch in 2017.

Ive been on Sling TV for a month with Xbox S and Roku Ultra, and used Now for about an hour or so today on an ATV, I prefer the Sling interface and movement at this point. The ATV remote sucks.

Reactions: reddice
Experiencing quite a few issues, can only assume it's launch day errors but not something that should have missed by testers

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yep, as many have said in the other thread, many errors and issues.

I have no doubt they will be fixed, but most of them should have been fixed before hand.

Shaky start, and for now (and even if everything worked) I see no reason for me to choose this over vue.

Initial impression? Not impressed. I am willing to amend that as the service matures

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

As I understand it locals are available in some or all o&o markets. Anyone know if that means the big3 + fox, or all locals including sub-channels??? Also, is "moving" possible? If you sign up can you state a service address and billing addy? Thanks guys....

Last night I hooked up my free Apple TV I got from DIRECTV Now and watched both DIRECTV Now and Sling TV.

Watched A Christmas Story once on DIREcTV Now and again on Sling TV. The Pq was MUCH better on DIRECTV now then it was on Sling TV.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Last night I hooked up my free Apple TV I got from DIRECTV Now and watched both DIRECTV Now and Sling TV.

Watched A Christmas Story once on DIREcTV Now and again on Sling TV. The Pq was MUCH better on DIRECTV now then it was on Sling TV.

What do you think about the DT Now PQ vs Dish sat PQ?

Thanks! PQ is a double-edged sword at least at this point with 1TB Comcast bandwidth cap.
As read in another thread, DirectTV has a higher GB rate compared to Sling so consuming more of your data allowance/quota per hour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)