First experience with a fireTV stick

I have gen 2 fire sticks.

Have begun to transition to Apple TV’s 4ks. I’ve had enough of the streaming stick nonsense.

We’re deep into apple’s eco system - so it’s been super smooth experience thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ncted
I have gen 2 fire sticks.

Have begun to transition to Apple TV’s 4ks. I’ve had enough of the streaming stick nonsense.

We’re deep into apple’s eco system - so it’s been super smooth experience thus far.

This is my long term plan. Since the rumored AppleTV 4K refresh didn't happen yesterday, I decided to order a Function 101 remote to try with my existing AppleTV. The All For One Streamer remote is pretty good, but I am hoping the Function 101 remote is worth the extra cost. I wish it were Bluetooth, but you can't have everything I guess.

This is my long term plan. Since the rumored AppleTV 4K refresh didn't happen yesterday, I decided to order a Function 101 remote to try with my existing AppleTV. The All For One Streamer remote is pretty good, but I am hoping the Function 101 remote is worth the extra cost. I wish it were Bluetooth, but you can't have everything I guess.

What’s funny is my family actually loves the Apple TV remote. It’s very intuitive - for us at least. It operates my AV receiver and 10!year old Panasonic plasma perfectly.

It also Works great with our main streaming options; Sling, HD Homerun, Disney, appletv plus, and prime.

Honestly can’t figure out what all the fuss is over this remote.

What’s funny is my family actually loves the Apple TV remote. It’s very intuitive - for us at least. It operates my AV receiver and 10!year old Panasonic plasma perfectly.

It also Works great with our main streaming options; Sling, HD Homerun, Disney, appletv plus, and prime.

Honestly can’t figure out what all the fuss is over this remote.

A lot of people, including both my wife and I, apparently don't have or can't learn the fine motor control required to use the touchpad effectively or reliably. We both also miss our BlackBerries for texting/emailing on our smart phones FWIW. Additionally, it lacks a Mute button.

Reactions: Cypresstree
A lot of people, including both my wife and I, apparently don't have or can't learn the fine motor control required to use the touchpad effectively or reliably. We both also miss our BlackBerries for texting/emailing on our smart phones FWIW. Additionally, it lacks a Mute button.

Makes sense.

Also totally didn’t think about the mute button. Didn’t know what I was missing lol

Reactions: ncted
Neither did we until we started watching live TV on streaming devices.

Live TV - meaning that you are unable to pause? If so then yes - that’s a bother.

So glad that ESPN just recently allowed sling users the ability to phase live programming.

Live TV - meaning that you are unable to pause? If so then yes - that’s a bother.

So glad that ESPN just recently allowed sling users the ability to phase live programming.

Primarily Live TV ads that we don't want to listen to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)