DirecTV's D-HR20P HD DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

newsposter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2005
http://www.engadget.com/2006/04/03/directv-shows-off-1-500-d-hr20p-hd-dvr/

As much as we'd like to find out more information about DirecTV's D-HR20P HD DVR, pretty much everything we know, we've already said. The box, which the satellite broadcaster showed off at EHX last week, apparently has 750GB capacity, an integrated HD receiver, and will sell for between $1,500 and $2,000. If it's ever released, that is. Since DirecTV insists this isn't a "consumer device" (and it certainly does have a sort of retro-industrial, rack-mount look to it), it may just be a prototype box designed to show that the company is committed to rolling out bigger and better HD solutions.

DIRECTV quietly announced a new HD DVR at EHX this past week. Despite my constant drilling, the DIRECTV representative couldn't satisfy my curiosity. He did indicate that the reason this device wasn't at CES was because it's not a consumer device. He did on the other hand tell me that it will have 750GB of capacity and run between $1500 and $2000. Not sure if we have reason to be excited other than the fact that our local watering hole might get one. He wasn't able to tell me how many TVs it supported, but he did say it will run similar software to their new MPEG4 HD DVR due this fall. Plus it has a cool display right on the front and is rack mountable.

As a side note they had the same HD DVR in the plastic box as they had at CES, which isn't encouraging, but it was interesting that it had a "Pace" anti tamper sticker on it, which makes me wonder if Pace is making the next gen box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)