DirecTV's DVR's(receivers) Energy Star certified

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Wow!

The amount of energy saved between a non energy star receiver and a receiver labeled as an energy star appliance I believe is pretty minimal. Out of all of the appliances one has in their home, I am sure their satellite receiver is near the bottom as far as energy consumption. Heck, the computer I am currently using uses more energy than my HR20 and TiVO combined.

Well, to get that recognition they must use 30% less than the industry average for set-top boxes. I would guess that includes satellite and cable.

Pretty good honor for a line of satellite boxes, considering the power needed to operate the switch/lnb and hard drive.

Wow!

The amount of energy saved between a non energy star receiver and a receiver labeled as an energy star appliance I believe is pretty minimal. Out of all of the appliances one has in their home, I am sure their satellite receiver is near the bottom as far as energy consumption. Heck, the computer I am currently using uses more energy than my HR20 and TiVO combined.

Wow that sucks, my pc is a core 2 duo with gtx 260 and uses almost as many watts as my microwave (600 watts) ;) (Actually, the pc only uses a little over 500, but still...)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts