DirecTV's DVR's(receivers) Energy Star certified

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Wow!

The amount of energy saved between a non energy star receiver and a receiver labeled as an energy star appliance I believe is pretty minimal. Out of all of the appliances one has in their home, I am sure their satellite receiver is near the bottom as far as energy consumption. Heck, the computer I am currently using uses more energy than my HR20 and TiVO combined.

Well, to get that recognition they must use 30% less than the industry average for set-top boxes. I would guess that includes satellite and cable.

Pretty good honor for a line of satellite boxes, considering the power needed to operate the switch/lnb and hard drive.

Wow!

The amount of energy saved between a non energy star receiver and a receiver labeled as an energy star appliance I believe is pretty minimal. Out of all of the appliances one has in their home, I am sure their satellite receiver is near the bottom as far as energy consumption. Heck, the computer I am currently using uses more energy than my HR20 and TiVO combined.

Wow that sucks, my pc is a core 2 duo with gtx 260 and uses almost as many watts as my microwave (600 watts) ;) (Actually, the pc only uses a little over 500, but still...)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)