DirecTV's EXTRA INNINGS Is Short-Changing Yankees Fans

Status
Please reply by conversation.
NHL has what another 2 weeks ?
Yes thats about a week longer than normal, the NHL usually wraps up in the 2nd week of April I think for the regular season, however the playoffs would start right after that and are always on the local RSN for the 1 and I think 2nd round as well, which is also using the RSN's for the feeds, so no bandwidth is really freed up till after the NHL goes off the RSN's. (C.I. is also fed from the local rsn's)

Over past few year some RSN's needed like 3 feeds that for years only had 2 feeds. 1 full and 1 part time that in the NBA and NHL play offs needed to have 2 part time feeds.

It's happening again tonight. The Yankees are on My9 but the My9 feed is not in the MLB Extra Innings package. I am pretty much convinced now that DirecTV does not have the rights to show the My9 feed and this is the way it will be for the foreseeable future.

It's happening again tonight. The Yankees are on My9 but the My9 feed is not in the MLB Extra Innings package. I am pretty much convinced now that DirecTV does not have the rights to show the My9 feed and this is the way it will be for the foreseeable future.

I think you should quit being paranoid, bandwidth is a far more likely reason than rights. With the NHL regular season going a month longer than usual there is alot to balance for April compared to last year. Here is a post from satelliteracer, a DirecTV employee that works in programming I believe, his info is 100% accurate and timely.

Dual feeds were launched by D* a couple of years ago as a courtesy and to make the product even better. It is correct that since day one it has been stated they (dual feeds) are not guaranteed for every game, and in fact for years were not even provided as part of MLB EI.

For the Blue Jays games, we haven't had the capacity all the time to carry the games. So it depends if the capacity is there as that is an incremental feed. Same for Phillies and Astros. Sigma is correct. I believe some of those feeds have already been carried this year for some games, but you'll see them more often typically in the Summer when MLB is basically the only sport going on and capacity changes a bit

http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/203503...os-feeds-on-extra-innings/page-4#entry3122080

I think you should quit being paranoid, bandwidth is a far more likely reason than rights. With the NHL regular season going a month longer than usual there is alot to balance for April compared to last year. Here is a post from satelliteracer, a DirecTV employee that works in programming I believe, his info is 100% accurate and timely.

http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/203503...os-feeds-on-extra-innings/page-4#entry3122080
I'm sorry, I thought this was a thread about Yankees off the air telecasts not being included in the MLB package...I was merely pointing out tonight's fact and offering an opinion, but since it doesn't match up with your opinion, I guess I'm just being paranoid. When the My 9 feeds start arriving, along with others that have been missing, I will stop being "paranoid" and bow to all those "experts" on this site that simply know everything.

Anyone know why Direct TV isn't carrying UPN at all? I can't watch the Yankees game in Rochester, NY and the blackout rules prevent me from watching the MLB Extra Innings feed. Bull crap.

I'm sorry, I thought this was a thread about Yankees off the air telecasts not being included in the MLB package...I was merely pointing out tonight's fact and offering an opinion, but since it doesn't match up with your opinion, I guess I'm just being paranoid. When the My 9 feeds start arriving, along with others that have been missing, I will stop being "paranoid" and bow to all those "experts" on this site that simply know everything.

Jason's response to you was allowing you to know what was happening with your channel in question ... as he said, per Satracer, it will be back once the NHL season (possibly playoffs ... 1st rounds are usually on the rsns as well) are done.

Yeah WWOR/UPN 9/MY9 all the same. I live in Rochester and by not being available locally or on extra innings, I can't see the games at all when they're on MY9

My apologies for speaking of being paranoid.

Today is the final day of the NBA season, bandwidth will be much less an issue by the time the Yankees play on MY9. Next Tuesday is on MLB Net, so that likely won't be carried anyway, as MLB Net will likely simulcast it. After that is May 17, at which point the NBA and NHL regular season (or playoff RSN coverage) is long over.

You will likely not have an answer if there is a rights issue until May 17. That said, I believe it is simply bandwidth.

My apologies for speaking of being paranoid. Today is the final day of the NBA season, bandwidth will be much less an issue by the time the Yankees play on MY9. Next Tuesday is on MLB Net, so that likely won't be carried anyway, as MLB Net will likely simulcast it. After that is May 17, at which point the NBA and NHL regular season (or playoff RSN coverage) is long over. You will likely not have an answer if there is a rights issue until May 17. That said, I believe it is simply bandwidth.
i have question, if bandwidth is this big of problem, do they really need to wait until 2014 to go up put more bandwidth in? or can they do it at anytime?

I'm a life long Yankee fan. Personally I would consider it a benefit to not have to listen to Michael Kay. He is horrible.

SEE YA!!!!......UGH!!!!!
I cannot understand how an organization as storied as the Yankees cannot find better talent.
Not since the days of Frank Messer, Bill White and Phil Rizzuto have the Yanks had decent on air talent...And the radio broadcast is 1000 times worse.
Sterling "thuhhhhhhhhhh pitch"....And freakin Suzyn Waldman...where do people like her get off thinking they are even remotely qualified to announce a baseball game.
Yet, the Yankees keep paying her.

Right. The only games you see on Dish are the My9 games. The only games we're currently not seeing on Directv are the My9 games...

Edit: I realize now that you meant the rest of the EI games to be for all the teams - which is also true. And sad. Unless you only watch Pac12 sports, I don't know how a sports fan can tolerate Dish. Yankees fans are spoiled anyway, as mentioned earlier. You don't need an idiot saying "see ya" to watch a game... Watch the MASN feed.
MASN...The Orioles announcer should be a familiar voice. Gary Thorne used to work games for the Mets and the NJ Devils. The guy is an absolute Pro with a great set of pipes. He also used to do a lot of work for ESPN as well.

I think it's a bandwidth issue because someone would have seen it on the internet if there was any kind of dispute between my9/UPN/WWOR and Direct TV

Hopefully I'll be able to watch those games now that basketball regular season has ended

SEE YA!!!!......UGH!!!!!
I cannot understand how an organization as storied as the Yankees cannot find better talent.
Not since the days of Frank Messer, Bill White and Phil Rizzuto have the Yanks had decent on air talent...And the radio broadcast is 1000 times worse.
Sterling "thuhhhhhhhhhh pitch"....And freakin Suzyn Waldman...where do people like her get off thinking they are even remotely qualified to announce a baseball game.
Yet, the Yankees keep paying her.

MASN...The Orioles announcer should be a familiar voice. Gary Thorne used to work games for the Mets and the NJ Devils. The guy is an absolute Pro with a great set of pipes. He also used to do a lot of work for ESPN as well.

I'd prefer Ernie Harwell or Vin Scully ....
Thank You !

Yeah WWOR/UPN 9/MY9 all the same. I live in Rochester and by not being available locally or on extra innings, I can't see the games at all when they're on MY9

that is one of those situations where you're screwed. Chicago fans outside of the local area have the same issue when the games are on WCIU 26. The local they cant get yet are blacked out of the opponents RSN feed because they are "in market"

There isnt a local station carrying those games?

Anyone know why Direct TV isn't carrying UPN at all? I can't watch the Yankees game in Rochester, NY and the blackout rules prevent me from watching the MLB Extra Innings feed. Bull crap.

If you are truly in Rochester the games are on CW (WHAM-DT2) according to zap2it.

I too was upset about the MY9 games not on the Extra Innings package. However I checked my channel guide today for the next date there is a MY9 game, 4/23. Sure enough there are TWO HD feeds listed for the Yankees/Rays game. So looks like the basketball season ending had something to do with it.

I too was upset about the MY9 games not on the Extra Innings package. However I checked my channel guide today for the next date there is a MY9 game, 4/23. Sure enough there are TWO HD feeds listed for the Yankees/Rays game. So looks like the basketball season ending had something to do with it.

yup. With NBA ending that will free up some space. I know a few days the last week we had the Twins, Wolves and Wild all on at same time. There was 3 feeds needing to be used for the out of market packages and 2 extra feeds with FSN North plus and Minneapolis local My29 having the Wolfies (and the My29 feed had to be remapped to a RSN alt because folks in the Wolfies market but not in Mpls can view it on that feed)

My apologies for speaking of being paranoid.

Today is the final day of the NBA season, bandwidth will be much less an issue by the time the Yankees play on MY9. Next Tuesday is on MLB Net, so that likely won't be carried anyway, as MLB Net will likely simulcast it. After that is May 17, at which point the NBA and NHL regular season (or playoff RSN coverage) is long over.

You will likely not have an answer if there is a rights issue until May 17. That said, I believe it is simply bandwidth.
Apology accepted and I am sorry for overreacting to your response. I guess it will be a wait and see as to whether bandwidth is the issue. I like the My9 telecasts over the opposing ones but they are not essential. As long as the Yankees are on MLBEI it doesn't really matter. You could very well be right in regards to bandwidth, and now that the NBA season is over maybe the My9 feeds will be back. Thanks to all for your insight.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)