Status
Please reply by conversation.

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
I'm coming to the end of my Dish contract and Im looking at possibly switching to Direct. Im wondering how Direct's on demand is compared to Dish's. Right now I have the Hopper system and BB@H and I am suprisingly happy with the On Demand. Does Direct even have an on demand or does it even compare?

Thanks in advance!

I think DTV's On Demand is way better than Dish. Finding stuff to watch is so much easier. Switched over from Dish in June.

But as far as content, do they have the same amount of things...? I'm more concerned with tv shows than movies.

I used to be a Dish subscriber. The one advantage I have seen that Dish On Demand has over Directv is the amount of HD programs available. A LOT of TV series are only available in SD on demand. Overall, besides that one thing, they are pretty equal on the on-demand dept.
After having Directv for about a year now, I would have to say that DTV beats Dish, overall, especially in picture quality. The only thing I dont like about DTV receivers is that you cannot set up the direction that you want the channels to scroll (ascending or descending), like you could with dish. I've gotten used to it, so no big deal. Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for the answer! I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Being a sports fan, direct suits me better, but since I've had dish for 10 years i feel like a traitor!

Thanks a lot for the answer! I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Being a sports fan, direct suits me better, but since I've had dish for 10 years i feel like a traitor!

If your a Sports Fan, how can you possibly be with Dish ?

Come on over, you'll love it ...

I have to say the on-demand was one of the few things we enjoyed with cable... I thought well, we'll have a better DVR setup with directv more like what we had with WMC and our antenna and streaming to the extenders, but we'll have to just get used to on-demand lacking a bit and record more. I could not have been more wrong. The on-demand setup with directv is great, much better than cable selection and PQ. It's about as instant as cable was if your HSI is decent. Doesn't have to be screaming fast, but decent above 10mbit should be fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts