DirecTV's Tech Support folks are GREAT!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

BobStokesbary

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 9, 2009
Southern California
Boy! I just have to give a shout out to DirecTV's Customer Service/Technical Support. These folks are GREAT!

After 3 years of service my HR24-100 just gave up (error code 14-430). There was just no way the recordings were going to play back. I called Tech Support on Monday and they had me run through a series of tests to satisfy them that there was a real problem with the receiver. Once convinced, they gave me a job order number and told me they would ship a replacement receiver. The next day (TUESDAY) the POSTMAN delivered a replacement HR24-500 receiver. Good grief! I never thought the post office could move that fast! It was like they had a spare in the post office waiting just for me. That's incredible.

They also shipped the receiver with a return label so all I had to do was put the old receiver back in the box, seal it up, attach the label and drop it off at the post office. They take care of the whole thing. You just can't get any better than this.

After I was done with all the activity, including activation of the new receiver, I was also struck by the fact that at every step of the process I was talking with someone who spoke excellent American English and we had great phone connections (no strange accents or lousy VOIP internet connections). I was also impressed with the knowledge of the woman who walked me through some of the trouble shooting. I told her that the disk drive had become noisy and we unplugged the receiver when we went on vacation for fear of a fire. She quickly added that there is a thermal cutout inside that will totally disconnect the receiver if the temperature ever gets to 166 F just to avoid such a situation. That was nice to know.

This was my first contact with Tech Support and I couldn't be happier. How can you not love these people?

Good to hear. I, too, have had excellent results in the short time I've been with D*, and I've spoken to them a lot. They have been pleasant, very willing to help, and as you say, everyone is able to understand each other.

Curious. Are you under the protection plan or not? If not, did you incur any costs to have this done?

One thing I've always appreciated about DirecTV is when they need to replace a receiver they do ship it quickly. And they ship from the west coast, so they usually can get it out the same day for next day delivery.

Curious. Are you under the protection plan or not? If not, did you incur any costs to have this done?
No. And no. I was very surprised since I have heard of some having charges. There is a line on the "order form" that is titled "Additional charges (based on credit score)". But, that line was zero on my order.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)