direcway dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

msrebel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
I have an old direcway dish and was wondering will it work for fta? Will the lnd work for receiving rtv?

yes it will work for FTA. Lots of folks have used them

yes the LNB will work for RTV. It is KU Band :)

You should take off the transmitter. it will drop a lot of unwanted weight from your dish. search the forums for direcway and hughesnet dishes (same company, very similar dishes) and you will find info, pics, and more. I have more luck searching Google to find old threads. Try something like "satelliteguys direcway". I know there are quite a few helpful threads that you just have to spend the time to find b/c I used them when I was setting up my hughesnet dish. Also, check out the FAQ section; most of your general questions can be answered there.

I have my satworks 3618 receiver hooked up to a c/ku feed on a sami 10 foot dish. I finally was able to receive rtv, but the best signal strength I can get is only 39%, thats only since they have increased their power. I am going to install an old direcway dish to see if I can improve my signal strength. I have already got rtv scanned in on my receiver will I have to rescan the receiver, or can I just hookup the receiver to the dish and start watching?

You would not need to rescan in the channel

Satworks meter reads ungodly low. I think the best I ever achieved on it was a 50 and that was on a DBS satellite. So 39 might be the same as other folks's 75 meter.

I ahvent had a Satworks in a few years but I remember most readings were between 35-39

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)