DIRT - 722k Freeze Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kcburk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
Mississippi
I just relocated my rcvr to a new home this week. Since the move the rcvr has been freezing during shows, usually during commercials. Tonight was watching ESPN HD and had poor sound quality. The rcvr kept freezing during commercial breaks. Also, had DVR playing a reçording on tv2. It froze and wouldñt let us resume the show even after a hard reset. Do you think the problèm could be the hard drive or the cabling in the house?

Thanks.

With out knowing your signal strengths, the type of dish on your building or even being able to test the electrical feeding to your reciever, I wouldn't really be able to tell you for sure. But my past experience when people move their dvrs from one house to another they get jarred around and the hardrive becomes damaged.

I would suggest picking up an external harddrive and relocate your recordings before the reciever fails.....

Did you have a professional installation at the new location or did you just connect to an existing dish? A poor signal could cause poor video and audio.

I'd check the dish aim. What is the signal quality?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

With out knowing your signal strengths, the type of dish on your building or even being able to test the electrical feeding to your reciever, I wouldn't really be able to tell you for sure. But my past experience when people move their dvrs from one house to another they get jarred around and the hardrive becomes damaged.

I would suggest picking up an external harddrive and relocate your recordings before the reciever fails.....

That's a good point.

Did a Check Switch Test and saw 61% signal strength.
You have 2 or 3 satellites with up to 32 transponders on each so you have more than one signal strength of 61%. Try menu 6-1-1 and then move transponder and satellites to get different signal strengths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)