Discounted receivers for some customers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Anyone interested in an additional receiver should take a look at the "add receiver" screen on their directv.com login.

For many customers, they're offering any SD, DVR, or HD box for free, or an HD-DVR for $99.

Obviously it would extend the contract 18 or 24 months, as usual.

Not all customers will see the discount, but many will.

Attachments

• capture014.jpg
    capture014.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 274
I got mine right before this came out but was still hoping I could get another one for $99. It's going to blow having two receivers unable to tune Sunday Ticket.

no hearts for me. of course, i prefer free super fan (which i got) opposed to any equipment right now!

Not in the market right now for an upgrade...but I did check, no value customer love for me I guess when it comes to hardware:(

Though maybe becouse I have had programming credits recently

Interesting. Been with DirecTV since '99, never missed a payment, have 3 units including a slightly obsolete H10, a fairly full selection of program options including ST and SF, and all I get on my page is the standard offers. No hearts. Guess I'm not loved.

no hearts for me. of course, i prefer free super fan (which i got) opposed to any equipment right now!

I'm not sure they are connected. I will enjoy -1 content this nfl season without additional expense, and still show the receiver offer.

i'm sure they aren't, jason. i got the discounted receiver offer last year and bought my second hr20. maybe, that's why i get no hearts this year.

I'd like another HD DVR but I have no hearts and no offers. I did get huge deals on my equipment in the past two years and was a field tester for an R22.

I just hope the R22 is download-upgradeable to HD as is rumored.

Anyone interested in an additional receiver should take a look at the "add receiver" screen on their directv.com login.

For many customers, they're offering any SD, DVR, or HD box for free, or an HD-DVR for $99.

Obviously it would extend the contract 18 or 24 months, as usual.

Not all customers will see the discount, but many will.

I got the discount, but I have to save up to get. Plus I will have to rent a HD TV the day of the hookup they wont hook it up without one.:(

Plus I will have to rent a HD TV the day of the hookup they wont hook it up without one.:(

That is the very first that I every heard someone being told that. It makes no sense since the all the HD boxes have composite (the yellow video output) to allow for connection to a SD television. I wouldn't worry about getting a HD TV just for the install (unless you really want one).

I got the discount, but I have to save up to get. Plus I will have to rent a HD TV the day of the hookup they wont hook it up without one.:(

I have 2 H20's and only one of them is hooked up to an HDTV. When I first got upgraded to the 5lnb and the H20 I didn't even have an HDTV. Mine had blown earlier in a lightning storm. The installer had no problem hooking it up to an SDTV.

Last edited:
That is the very first that I every heard someone being told that. It makes no sense since the all the HD boxes have composite (the yellow video output) to allow for connection to a SD television. I wouldn't worry about getting a HD TV just for the install (unless you really want one).

Oh I really want one, but other bills wont allow me yet. They said in order to set the B Band connectors I need a HD TV. Plus my TV has two component hookups.

Oh I really want one, but other bills wont allow me yet. They said in order to set the B Band connectors I need a HD TV.

The BBC's have nothing to do with the TV, they have no idea what is connected to the output of the receiver. To verify after the install, if he did it right, tune to the channel 480 through 483 and that shows if the BBC's are working properly.

The BBC's have nothing to do with the TV, they have no idea what is connected to the output of the receiver. To verify after the install, if he did it right, tune to the channel 480 through 483 and that shows if the BBC's are working properly.

Thanks for the info, I really want VOD.:D

My screen doesn't show it either, but I had just called last saturday because we have an older HD only box that needed to be replaced. I got an HD DVR for $99 and one for free to replace our old one. So, now all three of our TVs will have HD DVRs :) Not a bad deal at all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)