Discounts for HBO?

docdaddy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 2, 2016
Birmingham, AL
There are some shows coming on, on HBO, that we'd like to follow. There are rarely any movies of interest on HBO we haven't see elsewhere, so it's not really worth the full price.

With Directv, I could always get a good discount on HBO for 3 months and then usually renew that deal. What's the best way to get a discount on HBO on Dish?

There are some shows coming on, on HBO, that we'd like to follow. There are rarely any movies of interest on HBO we haven't see elsewhere, so it's not really worth the full price.

With Directv, I could always get a good discount on HBO for 3 months and then usually renew that deal. What's the best way to get a discount on HBO on Dish?
Start a Conversation with a DIRT member and ask for the deal that was posted in this thread:
cinemax/hbo deal 5 for both. hmm and epix in dish movie pack no half off 10 dollars though. read

$5 per month for both HBO and Cinemax for six months

Reactions: AlaJoe and Yespage
Went online chat on the Dish.com site to see what I could do there first. In about 30 seconds I had the $5 for HBO and Cinemax for 6 months deal. No hassle, no bargaining. Thanks!

I just did the same. I had been paying more for just HBO. Now I have both for just $5 a month. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: pattykay
$5 for both I thought meant $10 total. $5 for both means $5?! *heads online to get deal... if qualified*

Yeah, kinda a no brainer, right? And six months, not 3 months. That's a great deal. I didn't even have to negotiate; I just said there are a few TV shows on HBO we like, but we don't really care about the movies, do you have a deal that would make it worth it for us? He took a moment, came back and said you qualify for 6 months of HBO and Cinemax for $5 a month. I said great! Push the button and sign me up!

Reactions: AlaJoe and Yespage
We didn’t even look at the last free preview, last weekend. Some of us aren’t interested when free, much less $5 or $10.

Yeah, we normally don't pay attention either. However, we like Westworld, interested in the new Bill Hader comedy, and a few other things. Wouldn't pay $15 or even $10, but $5 hits my target.

We didn’t even look at the last free preview, last weekend. Some of us aren’t interested when free, much less $5 or $10.
Cinemax usually doesn’t do us good (even including all those Mammogram related late night programs), but HBO has plenty and for $5 a month is YIPPEE! I’m loving the death of sat/cable. ;)

Thanks for this info. I just did the chat thing and got the deal $5.00 a month for 6 months total not each. I saved the chat transcript if that ever becomes an issue. It will be interesting to see if it goes beyond that. I have been on $5.00 a month Showtime for 6 months for well over a year. It is worth that. If they ever start charging more I will cancel it.

After 2 chats today, I got it. The first rep wouldn't give it to me because I was already getting the 10 for HBO Max offer. I removed the 10 offer, and got a different chat agent with no problems adding it. :biggrin

This offer as it was is gone. They are now offering $5 for HBO and Cinemax for 3 months instead of 6 months. That is what the online csr gave me.

After 2 chats today, I got it. The first rep wouldn't give it to me because I was already getting the 10 for HBO Max offer. I removed the 10 offer, and got a different chat agent with no problems adding it. :biggrin

Does that mean you wouldn't have ordered HBO again after this offer ends?

I would have ordered it anyway, but I'm not going to turn down a discount.

I Ask because, and I hope I am wrong for your circumstance, I don't think you will get it again at $10. That's why I am not taking this deal, we watch HBO often and for the long haul $10 is the better deal than what I think it will be $15 after the special ends. For some they would just not order it again but not the case for me. That $10 was a limited deal, "lifetime" unless you change but to my knowledge that offer is over.
I think if you could have gone back to the $10 when the special ended you would not have needed to have them drop that first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)