Discovery Plus

does Directory Plus have all Episodes of undercover billionaire comeback city up? and is undercover billionaire moving to Directory Plus?

Verizon has stepped up their game giving us Disney+ bundle/free Apple Music and now Discovery+.
This is awesome and their monthly rewards are pretty good, IMO at this point it might be a better value than T-Mobile and AT&T!
So far I’ve been happy with their service.
As far as Discovery+ goes, for those with Verizon, yes you can get the service free ... remember (a year from now) the service is Free for the first 12 months, not free for life of your contract.

As more of the Travel Channel ghost shows advertise they are moving to this my wife is getting madder. We already pay for the Travel Channel and they want us to pay more - no thanks.
Thats what I say about CBS AA.

I already pay for it, not paying for it again ... I will pay for it for a Month to watch something that I want to see though, once in a while.

Thats what I say about CBS AA.

I already pay for it, not paying for it again ... I will pay for it for a Month to what something that I want to see though, once in a while.
Youre paying for CBS broadcast, not CBS AA. It is two distinctly different services. So really, your not already paying for it, even if they may be owned by the same parent company.

Youre paying for CBS broadcast, not CBS AA. It is two distinctly different services. So really, your not already paying for it, even if they may be owned by the same parent company.
If I had the option, I could turn OFF the original one (National Broadcast) and turn on CBS AA and I would have ALL of thier programming, where as I don't with just the Broadcast, so ya, I do have to pay for the same thing twice.

The whole issue that they started was GREED ... theres no reason why those same shows can't show up on broadcast OTA like every other year (before streaming).
At least its reasonable priced (if your only doing it a month at a time) if it were $14.99 or higher, I would never sign up for it.

If I had the option, I could turn OFF the original one (National Broadcast) and turn on CBS AA and I would have ALL of thier programming, where as I don't with just the Broadcast, so ya, I do have to pay for the same thing twice.
Well, you can. You can turn off sat. Its just not the option you want to take, which I understand.

And while you also get the broadcast feed with AA, youre paying more for the original and extra content that broadcast doesnt, and in most cases cant offer is the way I look at it. That stuff is not free to produce. Hence the cost.

The whole issue that they started was GREED ... theres no reason why those same shows can't show up on broadcast OTA like every other year (before streaming).
At least its reasonable priced (if your only doing it a month at a time) if it were $14.99 or higher, I would never sign up for it.
The biggest thing I've noticed is that the best tv series (IMO anyway) are on the streaming services. We didn't get a pay-tv service until 2010 and before that we found plenty of stuff to watch on ota and Netflix rental-by-mail. Now most of the ota networks shows are nearly unwatchable (IMO anyway). For me, it seems like the network shows are still paced and act like they did in the early 2000's while streaming shows have moved on to different concepts. The only reason we even sub to Philo is because my wife wants Hallmark. If Hallmark came up with a service that had all of their current product as well as older stuff (like a HBOMax) we would drop Philo and add that hallmark service to our other streaming services.

The biggest thing I've noticed is that the best tv series (IMO anyway) are on the streaming services. We didn't get a pay-tv service until 2010 and before that we found plenty of stuff to watch on ota and Netflix rental-by-mail. Now most of the ota networks shows are nearly unwatchable (IMO anyway). For me, it seems like the network shows are still paced and act like they did in the early 2000's while streaming shows have moved on to different concepts. The only reason we even sub to Philo is because my wife wants Hallmark. If Hallmark came up with a service that had all of their current product as well as older stuff (like a HBOMax) we would drop Philo and add that hallmark service to our other streaming services.
If the only thing you really care about on Philo are the three Hallmark channels, then you should consider Frndly TV. It has those three channels, plus some other family-friendly stuff (Game Show Network, Curiosity Stream, INSP, etc.) for just $8/mo. (That's the "Classic" plan with HD, cloud DVR and 2 screens at once. There's also a $6/mo "Basic" plan with just SD, no DVR, and only 1 screen.) All plans have the same set of 15 live channels with 72-hr look back plus those channels' on-demand libraries (which I assume include ads you can't skip).

If the only thing you really care about on Philo are the three Hallmark channels, then you should consider Frndly TV. It has those three channels, plus some other family-friendly stuff (Game Show Network, Curiosity Stream, INSP, etc.) for just $8/mo. (That's the "Classic" plan with HD, cloud DVR and 2 screens at once. There's also a $6/mo "Basic" plan with just SD, no DVR, and only 1 screen.) All plans have the same set of 15 live channels with 72-hr look back plus those channels' on-demand libraries (which I assume include ads you can't skip).

Thanks for the info. I have to find the right time to talk to her about it though. We just left Sling in October and she doesn't really like to change things up if she doesn't have to.

Reactions: NashGuy
I purchased the 6 month deal last week.

It is mostly what is already on their "Go" apps but without commercials and a few exclusives. There is a small handful of 4K content but honestly I can't tell its 4K. The 4K on Disney Plus looks much better.

The way they are advertising it (especially with the annoying graphics over the shows) is devaluing their current product which has just turned into a continious Discovery+ ad.

If you don't mind ads just enjoy your favorite shows on their Go apps and don't waste your money.

Reactions: KE4EST
I purchased the 6 month deal last week.

It is mostly what is already on their "Go" apps but without commercials and a few exclusives. There is a small handful of 4K content but honestly I can't tell its 4K. The 4K on Disney Plus looks much better.

The way they are advertising it (especially with the annoying graphics over the shows) is devaluing their current product which has just turned into a continious Discovery+ ad.

If you don't mind ads just enjoy your favorite shows on their Go apps and don't waste your money.
can you at least tell me if undercover billionaire season 2 done yet? im waiting to start my free trial. because the first 2 episodes was on Discovery before they pulled it on Discovery+, thanks

What happened to the show Texas Flip & Move, it was on every Friday Night on DIY and they aired a bunch of episodes each Friday.

For the last few weeks they haven't showed it. And in searching for it it is not available on Discovery +.

Its like the show disappeared.

Discovery Plus does however have New Orleans Flip and Move. But the more popular Texas version is no where to be found. Strange!

What happened to the show Texas Flip & Move, it was on every Friday Night on DIY and they aired a bunch of episodes each Friday.

For the last few weeks they haven't showed it. And in searching for it it is not available on Discovery +.

Its like the show disappeared.

Discovery Plus does however have New Orleans Flip and Move. But the more popular Texas version is no where to be found. Strange!
DIY is going away

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I wouldn't be surprised if/when they finally discontinue the "DIY channel" on linear TV, that what they might do is cast it as "DIY is now available only on demand on Discovery+ and the linear channel is now the Magnolia Network". However, what it increasingly looks like is they might just keep Magnolia on Disc+ and leave DIY on linear?

Just reported that Discovery+ just surpassed 15 million subs, that means, roughly, it is getting $75 million a month and that is on top of ads sales, TV providers per sub fee, etc it was already getting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)