diseq, how many breaks in rg6 before signal degradation?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

outbackjack

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
maine
first i know that any cable break isn't advisable. but because of the weather i am limited to how i need to set up this new lnb geosat c/ku. i have my burried line going to the 6 footer. at the house the cable connects to ground block. then another runs inside to the motor. then from the motor to the coolsat/prof (slaved). what i need to do with the new lnbf is put a diseq switch in. should i run the second cable on top of the snow to the ku side of the lnbf and replace the ground block with the diseq ? or do i connect the diseq at the dish and leave everything else alone? before im out in this nice 5 degree weather i thought i would ask if either way might be less desirable? thanks guys for any help cause im clueless on cable breaks and signal loss.

For now, I would do as little as possible....add the switch at the Dish
As long as reaching the LNB is easy.

As for breaks, I'm the King of Barrel Connectors. Why buy a new cable when a connector will do. LOL
I think it has to do more with overall length of run, but I don't watch too many Low Powered feeds.

Worried about signal loss? Check out "Stabilant 22A". I use this for all electrical connections. Building computers or laying RG6. Put an end to annoying intermittant electrical problems. It's kinda spendy at some places. The last bottle of it I got thru VW parts #ZVW 186 001, but can be had at other auto parts stores.

I have a cable run to my c band lnb that must have 6 or 7 barrel connectors along the way because of critters damage. No issues. I lock many hard to get signals

thanks guys for the help, it was getting confusing for me. i will def connect at the dish to make it simple. between the ice and snow it has been a bugger to get out there and do anything.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts