Disgruntled VOOM Employee

andrzej said:
It means "put in a good humor". Really.
Hmm... According to http://www.esmerel.com/circle/wordlore/gruntled.html ("Are You Gruntled Yet?"):

And are you gruntled yet?
The "dis" of disgruntled is not the same as the "dis" of "dismayed."
It means "completely", and "gruntled," just as it sounds, is an old
word that means "grumbling."

So, this VOOM employee was only partially gruntled!!

Hey are we O.T. here or what!! :shocked

1080iBeVuMin said:
Hmm... According to http://www.esmerel.com/circle/wordlore/gruntled.html ("Are You Gruntled Yet?"):

And are you gruntled yet?
The "dis" of disgruntled is not the same as the "dis" of "dismayed."
It means "completely", and "gruntled," just as it sounds, is an old
word that means "grumbling."

Hey are we O.T. here or what!! :shocked

Yes, we are O.T., so what? :D

Merriam-Webster dictionary (at http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=gruntled&x=13&y=19) says what I quoted. :)

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is"

President Clinton
--------------------------
i would also like to recommend a winter coat

Girl%20in%20strait%20jacket%20with%20leg%20irons%20on.jpg

1080iBeVuMin said:

I get that way sometimes when I have to make a number 2.
;)

vurbano said:
Boo thats your best post ever. :D

We are still waiting on yours :p

I've been very pleased with my VOOM customer service.
I also work in a business where non-management types are paid $8 an hour. That's just the way it is. That also doesn't mean that someone making $8 doesn't care. Most of the ones in our office work just as hard as the management types and most do an excellent job.
VOOMCSA, look at the world around you. What you describe is the way business is run most everywhere these days. Sorry, that's just the economics of today's world.

Jeez, they had to say bad things about the Installer?

So the people in the office have a bad day every so often, HEY, try installing, it pays more & YOU can deal with the people who were told they can get the locals, (even thou they live in rural America & can't). Voom has got a long way to go as far as customer service goes I AGREE, but saying installers are part of the problem is wrong. My how many times I have wanted to deal with customers over the phone & not face to face. You have no idea how lucky You are just talking on the phone instead of being at the customers location, crawling under the house, or working in a attic with fiberglass insulation, & I won't even tell You about some of the stuff We find behind the bedroom furniture, (not to mention the smells). Think You have it rough? Quit the job & stop crying! :eek:

Sean Mota said:
Well they have mine... had one problem and it has been all good. Debit Cards, I agree not only with VOOM but with anything is pure insanity as they offer no protection.
All of the Major Banks now offer protection just as major credit cards, if it has a VIsa Logo on it it is offered protection. I bill thru debit cards all of the time and i have seen numerous memos on this very subject pertaining to what is and what is not protected.

KyInstaller said:
So the people in the office have a bad day every so often, HEY, try installing, it pays more & YOU can deal with the people who were told they can get the locals, (even thou they live in rural America & can't). Voom has got a long way to go as far as customer service goes I AGREE, but saying installers are part of the problem is wrong. My how many times I have wanted to deal with customers over the phone & not face to face. You have no idea how lucky You are just talking on the phone instead of being at the customers location, crawling under the house, or working in a attic with fiberglass insulation, & I won't even tell You about some of the stuff We find behind the bedroom furniture, (not to mention the smells). Think You have it rough? Quit the job & stop crying! :eek:

I, like the original poster, work in VOOM customer service. The original poster is a friend of mine, that I have worked with for many months now. I apologize that you took his post the way you did, not all installers are bad. I have heard of installers calling late at night, after Installs INC has closed to activate equipment, which means they have busted their butt, and spent their personal time to install a VOOM customer. I've heard horror stories about installers, but also very good stories, I suppose its mostly the bad ones we hear about... we do work in customer service. I dont think installing is easy... its gotta be a very difficult job, I can only imagine some of the people you run into during the course of your day, or, atleast, I can remember talking to them :)

To clarify, every day is a bad day there... From what ive seen, supervisors can break company policy all they want, and nothing happens to them, but if a CSA does it, even for the smallest thing, they are fired. I dont remember who said it, but I suppose your right, it is like this for many corporations, that dosnt stop us from caring about customers (more than managment aparantly), and wanting to voice our opinions.

Our call center pays less than any other call center in the city, it also has the highest turnover rate, however, so many people are flocking to the higher paying call centers, that its VERY hard to find a job anywhere else. Jobs are very slim in this city.

I spent three years in the army, in a combat arms position, I know how rough jobs go. Sometimes I would prefer being back overseas. There arnt many job opprotunities for a retired bullet sponge.

One last note, we speak with very upset customers ALL day, the occasional call from a customer, just to say thanks, makes our day.

Thank you for listening. aaaahhhh, I feel better now :D

p.s. please ignore my poor spelling, like I said... retired bullet sponge. (see enemy, squeeze trigger).

Don't feel bad about the gifts. The programmers who build, program and test the screens don't usually get them.

spahoose, VOOMCSA, and DeskJocky thank you guys for posting here. We already have a couple insiders with an ear in Voom now we have some insiders within the call center. Now we just need someone to bang Dolan's wife and we'll have enough inside info to last a lifetime :D

Can I say that? :eek:

dnyce said:
Now we just need someone to bang Dolan's wife and we'll have enough inside info to last a lifetime :D

Ill bite the bullet for all us if shes a tropy wife
:D
atleast then i will feel im gettin my $125 .00 months value, unless she crash's as much as the moto stb... :shocked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)