DISH 1000.4

aloldman

Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
HI
I am thinking about buying a Dish 1000.4 western arc on E-BAY but have heard that dish is
no longer available from Dish network.
Can any enlighten me as to why or is it now obsolete.
THANKS
aloldman

I have the 1000.4 WA and love the higher signal. I actually used a 500 plus pan and skew and made it a 1000.5. Even better signal!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Can any one from the dish network reply as to why the dish 1000.4 western arc ii not being used any more.
thanks
aloldman

Rumor was they had a hole bunch of 1000.2 stock still so they ate burning through that. Also heard that Charlie(CEO) never approved it

The increase in signal strengths did not outweigh the cost for the larger dish, the W4 short masts, and 500+ masts being used

I live in zip 17268, Waynesboro, Pa, just on the Maryland border.
The Installation man gave me a 100o.4 with an eastern arc LBNF and pointed to the western Sats 110, 119?
What's up with that?
I had a new roof put on recently and had to move the dish and have been struggling to figure it out.
Using a Radioshack signal meter I haven't been able to find 119 but 110 is easily detected.
I tried the Eastern Arc sats and could get 35-40 on 72.7, but 77 and 61.5 are yellow and red signal strenght.
I get all the right programs I'm supposed to but with a lot of fading out and going to the searching for sat.
Any ideas for a newbie?
Thanks,
Tom

The Installation man gave me a 100o.4 with an eastern arc LBNF and pointed to the western Sats 110, 119?
What's up with that?
I had a new roof put on recently and had to move the dish and have been struggling to figure it out.
Using a Radioshack signal meter I haven't been able to find 119 but 110 is easily detected.
I tried the Eastern Arc sats and could get 35-40 on 72.7, but 77 and 61.5 are yellow and red signal strenght.
I get all the right programs I'm supposed to but with a lot of fading out and going to the searching for sat.
Any ideas for a newbie?
Thanks,
Tom

I would check the angles at dishpointer.com to make sure you have everything set well. Make sure the mast is level as well.

If you can't get it figured out, feel free to send me a PM and we can schedule a tech visit for you

What's up with that?

what does the LNB look like?
Is it 3 "eyeballs" spaced apart about the same or is it one giant LNB and one off to the side

There is a Dish 1000.4 western arc setup but they are not used much

Are you in the Harrisburg market?
If so you should be set up on eastern arc (61.5/72/77) unless you have SD receivers. The HD locals for Harrisburg is on 77W

Iceberg,
My LNB has one 'eyeball' for the first two ports and then a single one.
I am in the Harrisburg market and also thought that eastern arc (61.5/72/77) was supposed to be my sats.
I'm thinking I need to fine tune the dish more.
Thanks for your help!
Tom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)