Dish 1000 Install

BearcatScott

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
Springboro, OH
I moved over Christmas time and used Dish Mover. They installed a Dish 1000 (previously had a Dish 500 and a 500 pointed at 61.5) and everything seemed to be working correctly. Well, spring arrives and it tends to rain a lot here in Ohio. I started losing 110 everytime we have moderate and heavy rains. I didn't have that problem before. I checked the signal on a clear day and I'm getting between 90-105 strength on the 119 bird, and between 45-71 on differnet transponders on the 110. Also getting around 65-70 on 129. I checked the azimuth and skew on the dish and it appears they are set correctly for my zip code. However, I check the level of the pole and it is nowhere near being plumb. If I call Dish, will they come back out and realign the dish and pole correctly free of charge since it was not done correctly from the start, although I did not notice it until 4 months later? I would hate to try and fix it myself for fear of losing lock on 119.

I believe I have seen other "complaints" about recent 110 signals in these threads possibly coincidental with the moves to E10. But the fact that your mount is not plumb is not good, especially if the E* installer was the last to work on it. You might try pleading a case with E* tech service since you're only one month past the installation warranty. Failing that, sign-up for the DHPP ($5.99/mo.) then you can get a "housecall" for $30. After that drop DHPP if the monthly fee is excessive to you...

Well, I took another look at the installation and noticed the pole was not plumb only in the forward facing direction. So, I loosened the bolts and changed the elevation a couple degrees and now both 110 and 129 have improved signal strength by 20 or more on almost every transponder and 119 remianed around 100. I think I can live with this. Going to have heavy rain tonight so this will be a good test.

BearcatScott said:
Well, I took another look at the installation and noticed the pole was not plumb only in the forward facing direction. So, I loosened the bolts and changed the elevation a couple degrees and now both 110 and 129 have improved signal strength by 20 or more on almost every transponder and 119 remianed around 100. I think I can live with this. Going to have heavy rain tonight so this will be a good test.
Good for you! Please report back...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)