Dish 1000+ problems with 129

bcsman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Michigan
I have this Dish 1000+ setup and working very well with 110, 118, and 119 sats. Unfortunately on the 129 side LNB I am only getting a signal on the odd transponders. I get nothing on the even transponders and I have peaked the level to make sure it's maxed out. I have 2 LNB's I have tried and have swapped the cable running from the 129 LNB to the #4 input. The only thing at this point is it a legacy LNB and won't switch by itself. I have uploaded a pic of what I am using. It's the only single LNB's I have sitting around. Is it possible this is the issue??

20210814_160915_HDR.jpg

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have 2 LNB's I have tried and have swapped the cable running from the 129 LNB to the #4 input. The only thing at this point is it a legacy LNB and won't switch by itself. I have uploaded a pic of what I am using. It's the only single LNB's I have sitting around. Is it possible this is the issue??
You cannot intermix legacy (voltage switched) LNBs with DishPro bandstacked LNBs. If it really is a legacy LNB, then that is your issue unless there is some sort of 110/118/119 LNB I don't know about.

Yep, that's definitely your problem. Legacy equipment would do either even's or odd's with voltage switching, 13v for one and 18v for the other. Not sure of the order (guessing 18v=odd's). Dish pro switchgear will run at 18v only and needs DP equipment, because Dish Pro is the ability to have both E&O on one line without the need of voltage changes. So you need a DP Single or Dual to have the switch in the 500+ get the satellite in its entirety.

So good news, finally got my Dish Pro LNB and got it mounted yesterday. Took my temp antenna pole and found the sats and great news, I now get even and odd transponders on all 4 sats. Gonna wait for a cooler day to install on the Dish pole, 90's heat index next 2 days. I will post when I do but am now finally happy I got this setup running as it should...

Well hate to say it but have given up on this project. I am getting the odd/even transponders but mounted on my pole and just can't get it dialed in for all 3 sats. Seems like when I get 1 or 2 tuned in OK the third just doesn't. I have adjusted elevation, avimuth, and skew til the cows come home and with some trees creeping into my viewing area it just isn't going to work. I can get a signal with my 1000.2 dish but still signals not what they should be. So until I either cut trees or move my pole I give up. I still think my LNB arm isn't correct after it fell making the aim a little off.

What I have done for now is mount my old Dish 500 with the Dish Pro LNB to get the 2 eastern sats 61.5 and 72.7. I know it isn't made for this but truthfully I am getting a better signal this way then on the western sats. Until I make a decision for a more permanent soluion this will do. I will consider the eastern LNB setup for my 1000.2 dish. So thanks for all the help in my uphill battle, sure have learned alot along the way...

Could the dish be warped?
Honestly if it is I can't see it, but I'm sure it wouldn't take much to throw things off. Also the LNB arm seems straight but it could be bent up or down a tad. Either one of these makes the center point off. I do know the charts tell me my elevation should be 29 degrees but to get a signal I had to set mine at 34 degrees +- a degree or two. So that I guess is telling me something isn't right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts