Dish 1000 Set Up Help Needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cspiteri

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
I currently have a Dish 500 on my CoolSat 5000. I was given a Dish 1000 with a DishPro Twin and Single LNB. I`d like to replace my 500 but am not sure if I`ll need a DiSeq switch or??? With my current 500, I have a single RG-6 from the LNB to my receiver. The LNB does the switching.
Can someone help me with how I connect the LNBs, etc???? I`m clear on the alignment and other aspects of the installation.

Not much to get with that size dish. You would be better off getting at least a 30" or larger dish. What satellite are you aiming for?

I wanted to get 110 , 119 & 129, the circularly polarized transponders. My CoolSat is also fed from my 10` Weingard with both C & Ku.

You know its going to have us wondering what you want to watch on those satellites. Assuming its unencrypted signals, each separate lnb would need to be hooked to a port on the diseqc switch and your receiver would select the port associated with each satellite, after you set this into your receiver's antenna setup.

There`s some unencrypted signals on those satellites. Most of it is Dish Network promos, etc. but there`s some good open programming as well. My favorite is GOL TV on 110 (soccer). Since the Dish price was right (free), I might as well as put it up and see what`s available on 129.

Yes We are left wondering what you are trying to really get?

Go for it. I recently received a free 20" RCA dish with lnb and hooked it up to an unused port on the diseqc switch. Its great to be able to simply change channel and its there without using the motor to move the big dish. NASA channel, GolTV are worth it if you like that stuff. Just remember to change the antenna setup on your receiver to disable the motor on that channel and select the correct diseqc port and LO frequency of the circular lnb. If I had a clear view from my backyard, I'd have half a dozen dishes in place hooked up to diseqc switches. I like to channel surf, and its slow going with the motor sometimes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts