Dish 129W Satellite?

reubenray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 30, 2018
Bella Vista, Arkansas
I am in a campground connected to a Pathway 2 and a Wally receiver. I have been here for two days until late yesterday when something happened. I lost the signal and the Wally rebooted. Now I cannot get the 129W satellite. I am still getting the 110 and 119 satellites. I am still getting all the channels that we watch. So what is on the 129W satellite and why won't it pick up now? Nothing was moved or changed prior to this happened.

I am in a campground connected to a Pathway 2 and a Wally receiver. I have been here for two days until late yesterday when something happened. I lost the signal and the Wally rebooted. Now I cannot get the 129W satellite. I am still getting the 110 and 119 satellites. I am still getting all the channels that we watch. So what is on the 129W satellite and why won't it pick up now? Nothing was moved or changed prior to this happened.

Long story short if you don’t want to read the thread: 129 has been discontinued by dish, and all services at the satellite location have been moved to 110/119. Enjoy the higher power satellite’s and the fact that you will most definitely have an easier time looking for two sats instead of three from now on.

No offense but you post here all the time. How did you miss the one very long thread and others that have been talking about Dish dropping the 129 for the last ~4 months?

No offense but you post here all the time. How did you miss the one very long thread and others that have been talking about Dish dropping the 129 for the last ~4 months?
I mean with how sidetracked conversations get on this forum I can’t exactly blame him if he looked at the thread and we were talking about the country’s economic situation or something.

I guess I am getting senile in my old age. I did just start using the Pathway 2 again. But this is great news for me. I have been scoping out campsites using the Winegard app and most of them I have trouble getting the 129 satellite. Finding two satellites is a lot easier than three in a small opening in the trees.

We are camping this weekend and using an original white tailgater with a 211k and not being able to lock onto 129 when I got to camp brought me to this page. I am wondering if the 211k will get an update so it doesn’t try to look for 129 anymore and give the error message about not finding all the sats.

Reactions: charlesrshell
We are camping this weekend and using an original white tailgater with a 211k and not being able to lock onto 129 when I got to camp brought me to this page. I am wondering if the 211k will get an update so it doesn’t try to look for 129 anymore and give the error message about not finding all the sats.
When you start up your system, do you have more than one choice of satellite combinations? In our camper with a white Playmaker and a Wally, after selecting what state I'm in, it offers two combinations: WA 110, 119, 129...and Hybrid 61.5, 110, 119. I see all expected channels using 61.5, 110, 119. Do you have a hybrid option available to you?

When you start up your system, do you have more than one choice of satellite combinations? In our camper with a white Playmaker and a Wally, after selecting what state I'm in, it offers two combinations: WA 110, 119, 129...and Hybrid 61.5, 110, 119. I see all expected channels using 61.5, 110, 119. Do you have a hybrid option available to you?
The old 211k has a dish 500 option I used with 110 & 119 but it still looks for 129. I just hit view tv after it’s done looking for all 3 sats and gives me the error of missing a sat and everything works fine, just annoying I guess.

The old 211k has a dish 500 option I used with 110 & 119 but it still looks for 129. I just hit view tv after it’s done looking for all 3 sats and gives me the error of missing a sat and everything works fine, just annoying I guess.
Do a Switch Test and see if that stops it from looking for 129.

Still does test 1 of 3 and says not all satellites found. Still works I guess not that big of a deal as long as I now know why it’s doing it.
That’s going to be normal for now. 129 is still in the search tables on the older VIP receivers. Disk might not ever update the search tables on the older VIP receivers as I believe they are hard coded in those receivers, and it’s such a minor issue it might not deserve a whole SW update for just that. Just ignore it as everything else should work fine.

That Dish 500 option just changes the coordinates it gives you to point the dish, I didn't know it was still around.

That’s going to be normal for now. 129 is still in the search tables on the older VIP receivers. Disk might not ever update the search tables on the older VIP receivers as I believe they are hard coded in those receivers, and it’s such a minor issue it might not deserve a whole SW update for just that. Just ignore it as everything else should work fine.
They removed 77 from VIP receivers the same day that satellite got discontinued though. So it might actually not happen if the developer(s) don’t bother.

They removed 77 from VIP receivers the same day that satellite got discontinued though. So it might actually not happen if the developer(s) don’t bother.
These days, the VIP reviewers are considered “obsolete“ enough that I doubt Dish will bother with updates for minor warts like this. It doesn’t affect the actual correct operation. Dish has a long history of never fixing minor errors like this.