Dish #2 most hated company in america

DIsh is NUMBER TWO...And not in a good way

A survey of America's top 10 most hated companies is out. And only one company is worse...Dish is solidly in the second slot. Reasons? Poor customer service and poor treatment of employees.
Link..http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-10-most-hated-companies-in-america-162927740.html
And snipped for pertinence..Here's the Dish write up.
2. Dish Network Corp. (NASDAQ: DISH)

REUTERS/Rick Wilking
Dish’s remarkably poor customer service ratings show up in more than one survey. Customers knock its record in both the ACSI and in the MSN Money/Zogby poll. In the latter, it makes the “hall of shame” as one of the 10 worst-rated companies. Dish further alienated itself from its customers last May when it dropped several channels, including AMC. Among the shows that went off the satellite service were the highly popular “Mad Men” and “Breaking Bad.” Employee ratings of their experiences at the company are as terrible of those of its customers. In a recent BusinessWeek story titled “The Meanest Company in America,” former and current employees called the environment created by the company’s founder as a “culture of condescension and distrust.” Glassdoor’s employee rating for Dish is among the worst in its entire survey that covers thousands of companies. Dish recently made an offer to buy broadband provider Clearwire, which would expand the satellite TV company’s broadband presence.

One would think they don't care about these surveys. They do a lot of things right, but poor treatment of your employees can't be good for moral, and seems like it would cost them in the end.

I've had to call 4 times regarding a threatening message I received about a receiver that I don't have. Each time I called I was told "don't worry it's taken care of". Three days ago UPS knocked on my door wanting to pick this non existent receiver up. Hopefully 4th times a charm.

One would think they don't care about these surveys. They do a lot of things right, but poor treatment of your employees can't be good for moral, and seems like it would cost them in the end.

No it is isn't good for morale. However, if a company can turn over it's employee ranks every year or two and still make money, there is no incentive to even care about morale.
The word is out on the street about working for Dish. Yet. people keep going to work there.
My guess is once the employment numbers recover and jobs more plentiful, Dish may want to change it's ways or find itself losing people.
In a tight job market though, Dish has no current worries.

I've had to call 4 times regarding a threatening message I received about a receiver that I don't have. Each time I called I was told "don't worry it's taken care of". Three days ago UPS knocked on my door wanting to pick this non existent receiver up. Hopefully 4th times a charm.

Always keep accurate records and especially hard copy of all paperwork.
This is not the first time I have read where Dish has informed customers they have equipment Dish wants back or have equipment that is owned by the customer yet Dish insists that equipment is leased.

What a poor metric. So Dish is worse than Facebook? Facebook's IPO was a highly visible fraud and they have customer satisfaction issues for a product that is free!

Not a single energy company on the list? Oh wait... stock value apparently matters for some reason. No Comcast?! T-Mobile on the list, but not AT&T which is almost universally hated?

Lists are typically arbitrary, but this thing is just useless!

Are we talking most hated by the general public or by employees? If it's by employees then I can see why ATT may not be on the list. I know a lot of people think they terrible customer service but maybe people enjoy working there. Who knows.

It seems like all these magazines and studies have their own standards and they never seem to coincide. Let's not forget that recently, Electronic Arts was voted the most evil company in America ahead of Wal-Mart. And clearly these companies don't care if they're voted bad, as long as they can keep raking in the cash.

As long as tyhe mind numbed gnats keep buying, the most hated companies will continue onward.

Oh wait... stock value apparently matters for some reason.
It mattered greatly in this list, for some reason. I can understand if it was a list of worst CEO's, as stock price is a legitimate metric for CEO performance. But, it shouldn't matter in a list of companies generally hated by the public and/or employees. (unless perhaps, employee compensation was heavily based on stock price.)

Dish aint a bad company to work for until you decide or are forced to leave.

You don't realize how much greener the grass is on the other side until your on the other side.

The biggest issue with dish is that they are constantly raising the bar and changing the rules.

Dish Network #2 Most Hated Company in America

According to this 24/7 Wall Street Article:

http://247wallst.com/2013/01/09/the-10-most-hated-companies-in-america-2/2/

To quote:
Dish’s remarkably poor customer service ratings show up in more than one survey. Customers knock its record in both the ACSI and in the MSN Money/Zogby poll. In the latter, it makes the “hall of shame” as one of the 10 worst-rated companies. Dish further alienated itself from its customers last May when it dropped several channels, including AMC. Among the shows that went off the satellite service were the highly popular “Mad Men” and “Breaking Bad.” Employee ratings of their experiences at the company are as terrible of those of its customers. In a recent BusinessWeek story titled “The Meanest Company in America,” former and current employees called the environment created by the company’s founder as a “culture of condescension and distrust.” Glassdoor’s employee rating for Dish is among the worst in its entire survey that covers thousands of companies. Dish recently made an offer to buy broadband provider Clearwire, which would expand the satellite TV company’s broadband presence.

Read more: The 10 Most Hated Companies in America - 24/7 Wall St. http://247wallst.com/2013/01/09/the-10-most-hated-companies-in-america-2/#ixzz2IF0Ebpng

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)