DISH 2016 CES Press Event

Wow, sounds like I messed up! We spent the night in Dalton, GA, a few weeks ago on the way home from Walley World. There was a Bojangle's barely a stone's throw away from our motel, but we went to the Crack(er Barrel) House instead.
I would have chosen Cracker Barrel also....but I also have Bojangles more than Cracker Barrel.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Not sure if that article is correct or not. As if it's the article I read it said the Hopper has 64 GB of ram.

Again I will try finding an answer when I get home. I am on the plane now and will get home after 9:30 tonight.

Likely incorrect, I can't recall if it was CNET or one of the others, I read several today from different sources, I was wondering what their take was on the Hopper 3. That makes me think, I need to go over to DBSTalk, and see what kind of bull$hit they are spreading around about it for a laugh, LOL

I am be believing no since the H3 needs to go into 4K mode to format the channels properly.
That's what I saw - it's a 4K "composite" picture, divided into (4) HD (1080) pictures. They plan to offer (6) pictures later that will be 720 resolution. It appears that they simply chose not to offer non-4K options (picture quality reasons ?).

How long after the release of the HWS3 does someone who "has to have it now" starts a post complaining about the bugs in the software? :poke :biggrin

It won't be from me. I know the risks and expect there to be some. Unless the bug completely keeps me from watching TV then you won't hear me complain.

Reactions: loubon
Like all other products it is normal for those bleeding edge people who must have something first to be the ones who see the most bugs at release. Sometimes it's better to wait, although I don't think that's the case here.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It sure would been nice if it had 4 removeable drive bays and allow us to add more harddrive but just included the frist 2tb drive
I wonder if we could used a USB3.0 SATA RAID Hard Drive Enclosure

I am not sure... I am be believing no since the H3 needs to go into 4K mode to format the channels properly.

I am flying home now and will not be home til around 9:30 pm. But I will try to get an answer when I land or tomorrow.

Thank you sir, great job on the CES coverage, videos came out great and the pictures bring it to life.

It sure would been nice if it had 4 removeable drive bays and allow us to add more harddrive but just included the frist 2tb drive
I wonder if we could used a USB3.0 SATA RAID Hard Drive Enclosure
Would be nice but 99%of the people wouldn't use it so why spend so much money to include it. :)

Reactions: Hall
Would be nice but 99%of the people wouldn't use it so why spend so much money to include it. :)
Well Scott there is a good reason for that even if it was just a 2 bay that a big plus when a harddrive fails then all we to do is pull out the bad drive for it keep rigth on recording to other drive in tell it new replace gets put in.

Well Scott there is a good reason for that even if it was just a 2 bay that a big plus when a harddrive fails then all we to do is pull out the bad drive for it keep rigth on recording to other drive in tell it new replace gets put in.

Out of Dish's 14 million customers, how many do you really think would care? I know a lot of people here would but how many is that even? Are we talking a few thousand?

Not upgrading to the H3 until it's confirmed that I can still connect to my 3 Joeys using cat5 Ethernet.
Honest question...what is the difference between your current Cat5 setup and the standard "over MoCA"? Just wondering if there is an an advantage to one over the other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)